Reply

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

Bzarins
Aspirant

Rbs50yv2 wall mount

I need the wall mount for this product. It comes in the box. For some reason support refuses to help me source this item. It is model specific and required to mount either to the wall or the stand.
Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

I see. Well, by how you responded to me, I can say that you don't deserve any help.

Too bad.

 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

Hi @Bzarins,

 

What happened to the original mount that came with your RBS50Y? As far as I know, NETGEAR doesn't sell those separately.

 

 

Message 2 of 7
Bzarins
Aspirant

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

Not sure. Maybe it was lost. Maybe it was broken. Maybe it didn’t come in the box. I’ve never contacted a company before that not only wouldn’t send a free replacement, but won’t even attempt to help me purchase a replacement.
Message 3 of 7
svetaketu
Luminary

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

I see. Well, by how you responded to me, I can say that you don't deserve any help.

Too bad.

 

Message 4 of 7
Bzarins
Aspirant

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

Ah yes, I don’t deserve help because you asked a completely irrelevant question. I needed the bracket. Doesn’t matter why I needed it. I was even willing to pay, yet this company gave me the run around all day. 3 different phone calls. No better answer than to contact where I purchased it from. Who in turn referred me back to netgear. So much wasted time. For a plastic bracket that would’ve been sent for free from 95% of companies I’ve ever dealt with in any industry. And the other 5% of companies would’ve gladly sold me the part the first time I called. But no, not netgear. They’d much rather not help in any way. I see the consistency extends to this forum as well.
Message 5 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

Hi @Bzarins

 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

 

NETGEAR doesn't sell dedicated wall mount for RBS50Y as the wall mount is already included on the package when purchasing the device. 

 

You may refer to product data sheet: https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBS50Y.pdf

 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 6 of 7
Bzarins
Aspirant

Re: Rbs50yv2 wall mount

It’s absolutely unfathomable that a manufacturer would create a proprietary mounting system for their device, then refuse to offer that mounting system to its customers in case of damage, loss, etc. instead only offering to sell a complete new system. If I buy a new house and the bracket gets lost in the move or left behind? Only solution is buying a new system. Broke the bracket mounting it to the wall? Buy a new system. Or do what the previous purchaser of the open box system I purchased from Amazon obviously did… buy new system, take mounting bracket out, then return to Amazon as unused.

Absolutely unreal. I managed to fab my own bracket for my application, but your policy of not offering installation parts in any way post sale is ludicrous.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 530 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E