Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cybersecurity & Tips for Protecting Your Home Network

paulkskim1
Follower

Hi I have RBR50 worked fine for two years, but now it takes only Network band of 2.4GHz not 5.0GHz for Windows 10 pro PCs Microsoft  labtop and Studio desktop PC, while my iPhone X works fine with 450Mbps OK. I get only 54Mbps max and  mostly only 25Mbps. Why is that? My Driver version is 15.68.9127.58. Do I have to buy to new router? I tried many times with reset Router to see if improves, but it doesn't correct it.

Model: CATRBR50-100NAS|Orbi Premium CAT5e Flat Ethernet Cable
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

The Orbi WiFi system normally provides both 2.4G and 5G WiFi channels.  It is up to each device to select which connection works best.

Do you use the Orbi web interface or the Orbi "app" to monitor how devices are connected?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Make sure your Windows PC wifi drivers are up to date as well. 

Wire connect your desktop PCs if possible. 

What is the Mfr and model of the wifi adapter cards in these PCs? 

@paulkskim1 wrote:

Hi I have RBR50 worked fine for two years, but now it takes only Network band of 2.4GHz not 5.0GHz for Windows 10 pro PCs Microsoft  labtop and Studio desktop PC, while my iPhone X works fine with 450Mbps OK. I get only 54Mbps max and  mostly only 25Mbps. Why is that? My Driver version is 15.68.9127.58. Do I have to buy to new router? I tried many times with reset Router to see if improves, but it doesn't correct it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7