Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reboot Option

byteman
Aspirant

Reboot Option

Have been trying to use the ip reservation option.  I read elsewhere that you must reboot the orbi router after adding a new reservation.  

So I look around for a reboot option (seemingly a standard option on most routers) and I can't find the option.  Someone mentions using telnet, but it appears this is for satellites.

Anyway, where is the reboot option short of disconnecting and reconnecting the power?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Reboot Option

After setting up the IP reservation and adding it, you need to select the apply button. When you do this, the RBR will itself reboot. AT least the server reboots. You can also force the reboot on the RBRs web page under Advanced Home Tab page. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

After setting up the IP reservation and adding it, you need to select the apply button. When you do this, the RBR will itself reboot. AT least the server reboots. You can also force the reboot on the RBRs web page under Advanced Home Tab page. 

Message 2 of 4
byteman
Aspirant

Thanks - Didn't see the reboot option - it was right in front of my face on the page you mention - but oddly couldn't find it in the manual.  And I can confirm that the reservation "Apply" button is not the solution - doesn't make any difference if the "reserved" hardware is powered up, powered down, rebooted, or whatever.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Also you have to reboot your connected devices as well after you make the change on the RBR. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7