Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recognized Ethernet Connected Satellite Uses WIFI ID ORBI34

iHass
Initiate

Recognized Ethernet Connected Satellite Uses WIFI ID ORBI34

I have two RBS50's and one RBR50. All have the latest firmware. This particular satellite shows that it is connected via 5G even though it is connected via ethernet. It also shows the WIFI ID to be ORBI34 when the RBR50 transmits my assigned Wifi ID, as does the second RBS50. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? My second RBS50 shows connected via ethernet too, but transmits the wifi ID I assigned and is being transmitted by the RBR50. The RBR50 is set up as an access point directlty connected to a Peplink router.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
iHass
Initiate

Re: Recognized Ethernet Connected Satellite Uses WIFI ID ORBI34

Finally factory reset the RBS50 satellite, connected it via Ethernet directly to the RBR50, and re-added to the system with the second RBS50 unplugged from power and it worked. This after trying to pair wirelessly several times and the iOS app not finding the RBS50. All is well now working with both RBS50 units showing as wired satellites. All are transmitting the same WiFi network and Orbi34 is gone. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

This is an indication that the Satellite has no contact with the router, please sync the satellite to the router again by pressing the sync button on the router then on the satellite.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Set up IP address reservations for each satellite and devices on the router as you add them to the router. The satellites need to be set up via wireless first. Then connect 1 satellite at a time to the ethernet LAN cable. Wait 5 minutes and the top led on the satellite should turn on BLUE. Set up an IP address reservation for the 1st satellite. Continue to do the same thing for the 2nd satellite. Then follow up with your devices.

@iHass wrote:

I have two RBS50's and one RBR50. All have the latest firmware. This particular satellite shows that it is connected via 5G even though it is connected via ethernet. It also shows the WIFI ID to be ORBI34 when the RBR50 transmits my assigned Wifi ID, as does the second RBS50. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? My second RBS50 shows connected via ethernet too, but transmits the wifi ID I assigned and is being transmitted by the RBR50. The RBR50 is set up as an access point directlty connected to a Peplink router.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@iHass wrote:

Message 4 of 6
iHass
Initiate

Finally factory reset the RBS50 satellite, connected it via Ethernet directly to the RBR50, and re-added to the system with the second RBS50 unplugged from power and it worked. This after trying to pair wirelessly several times and the iOS app not finding the RBS50. All is well now working with both RBS50 units showing as wired satellites. All are transmitting the same WiFi network and Orbi34 is gone. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Glad its working now and just a reset and re-add did the trick. Mark your thread as solve so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@iHass wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7