Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Registering used Orbi RBR20

wahodge
Aspirant

Registering used Orbi RBR20

I bought a used Orbi RBR20 from Amaazon Warehouse Deals.  I have not been able to complete instalation because I can't register it.  I get an error saying it is already registered.  I emailed Netgear support yesterday but have not received a response.  I am planning to return it tomorrow if I can't register it.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
wahodge
Aspirant

Support finally contacted me on Friday to let me know that it is now registered.  Thank you CrimpOn and Blanca for your help.

Alan

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Honestly, I would return it to Amazon.  Amazon has created an enormous mess by letting people return networking equipment and then reselling it and making no attempt to "clear" the previous purchase with Netgear.  (Actually, that may be nearly imposslble.)

There are forum moderators who can sometimes intercede with Netgear to resolve problems like this.  You could send a private message to one of them, such as @Blanca_O (click on this link, which will bring up a way to send a private message.)  The specific Orbi serial number is key to resolving the problem.

Message 2 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @wahodge - I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you @CrimpOn for looping me in. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 8
wahodge
Aspirant

Thank you Blanca.  I sent an email to support early this afternoon with the info you recommended.  I am still waiting for a response.

Message 4 of 8
wahodge
Aspirant

It's been a few days and I still have not received any response from support to either of my emails. I guess I will return it.

Message 5 of 8
wahodge
Aspirant

I found a phone number for Netgear support on the Amazon listing.  I called and was able to speak with someone who gave me a case number.  I emailed my receipt and SN again with the case number.  Hoping for a response.

Message 6 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @wahodge

Please PM me the support case number so we can notify our customer service team. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 8
wahodge
Aspirant

Support finally contacted me on Friday to let me know that it is now registered.  Thank you CrimpOn and Blanca for your help.

Alan

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7