Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Release Notes v1.10.1.2

Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Release Notes v1.10.1.2

Can someone please point me in the right direction for the release notes (v1.10.1.2)

OR

Summarise what is included?

Message 1 of 38
gfrey
Apprentice

Re: Release Notes v1.10.1.2

I was on an earlier beta version 1.10.0.1 than this release.  It fixed my Nestcam and Dropcam disconnects.  So this release should have that improved WiFi stability.

Message 2 of 38
marshymallow
Apprentice

This release does not resolve the WIFI drop issue yet. This is officially informed by Netgear in other threads.
Message 3 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Thanks for that.

I have been relocating cameras earlier and drops seemed to be getting worse.

Hopefully a fix isn't too far off.
Message 4 of 38
OrbiMan
Luminary

Speed is slower and my phone are not switching between satellites. Not a good upgrade
Message 5 of 38
Hsc1102
Apprentice

This is WORSE than ever, connection keeps dropping!!!!

Extremely FRUSTRATED!!!
Message 6 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Have been using WiFi Explorer and it's totally weird.

It goes from a relatively stable line to a totally erratic spiked graph at random intervals.

Message 7 of 38
OrbiMan
Luminary

How the heck do you roll back?
Message 8 of 38
ClintoKL
Apprentice

Its rubbish like every firmware update so far by the looks. I have no idea how they could possibly have released this product as is. 

Alexa drops off all the time. My LIFX bulbs switch on and off by themselves, drop off completely, re-appear. I get massive peaks and troughs in speed. Router doesnt produce the same distance as my 4 year old Asus Router. I have Magenta ring on my Router that no one can explain. I cant login to Router using web or app when the Magenta ring is there.

Its seriously one of the most expensive and poor products available but yet continues to get rave reviews online by thos "tatsemakers" who use the product for 20 mins.

Message 9 of 38
OrbiMan
Luminary

The backhaul speed is also reduced I am getting like 390 mb/s pittyful
Message 10 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I really hope the backhaul signal spike problem gains more traction because I think it may be part of the root cause of many of these disconnect issues. What Bing-Stroller saw with Wi-Fi Explorer is the same thing several of us have mentioned in other threads. The backhaul signal from the router drops out, very briefly, but often enough time to disconnect devices.
Message 11 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

It seems my system gets progressively worse with every new update.

I had a reasonably stable setup for months, but now its all over the place.

As for the way ahead, I am at a total loss as to whether or not to stick with it or look at alternatives. As to buying another satellite (still waiting for that option in UK) is a not going to happen whilst these problems remained unresolved.
Message 12 of 38
JMU1998
Luminary

So far this latest firmware seems pretty useless, waiting on the next version that is being Beta tested, hopefully it has some stability and genuine fixes to offer.

Message 13 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I hope so too but I am on beta FW that support provided and the issues are still there. Frequent disconnects and speeds that are sometimes perfect at 230 Mbps and other times stop right around 50 Mbps for no reason.

I'm afraid that is a hardware issue that would be costly to fix and that Orbi is hanging on due to the reviews from users in the first month of ownership when it seemed to be an excellent product.
Message 14 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

If the Beta is just as bad it isn't looking too good.

Are we looking at a version 2 to sort the problem ?
Message 15 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'd gladly try out a V2 but definitely wouldn't spend a penny on it!

I think the majority of users who are only web browsing or streaming videos might not notice disconnects due to buffering or just appearing as lag even though I bet they are happening. Those who rely on the Orbi for Wi-Fi calling or connected cameras and devices are the ones who have to noticeably suffer with the problem.
Message 16 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Agreed, spot on.

I also think a lot of people are totally oblivious and are probably blaming internet slowdown or their ISP.

Message 17 of 38
marshymallow
Apprentice

For the benefit of everyone who is facing major WIFI disconnect issues (Whether on iOS or Android Devices).

I've been facing this issue from the beginning with much frustrations.

Currently I'm on the new Beta FW test and it's been looking good the whole of last night.

Not a single WIFI drop. I even asked the missus to observe this WIFI disconnect/connect situation.

She affirmed that it hasn't occured since the latest Beta FW.

It's a good sign so far.

Message 18 of 38
Vino123
Initiate

I'm having the same problems mentioned here. Very disappointed by orbi. How do I try out the v2?
Message 19 of 38
Vino123
Initiate

I mean the beta FW. What a mess orbi ...
Message 20 of 38
OrbiMan
Luminary

One thing about this firmware seems to solve the problem with sometime my android phone can't access LAN resources when it switches from satellite to satellite. I also notice that the switch between satellites happens much more slowly if it does switch. However the speed of the backhaul seems to suffer
Message 21 of 38
ClintoKL
Apprentice

I was one of the first few to complain about v1.10.1.2 but its been a few days now and for whatever reasons it seems to have settled itself. We only have 100Mb internet access to so I cant comment on backhaul drops and so forth but for the last 2 or 3 days I have had steady internet access at about 90Mb, Amazon Alexa has been available every time I went to use it and my LIFX bulbs have also had a steady access.

I just felt like that I tend to complain a lot when something is not right but i should also say when things are OK and as mentioned, for whatver reason, my system has seemed to have settled in now.

Message 22 of 38
OrbiMan
Luminary

I do agree as well it seems that the router has to learn it environment
Message 23 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Also on a positive note, my D-Link cameras are not disconnecting as often.

(I had hardwired them into the satellite to minimise WiFi disconnections some time ago).

These cameras are extremely easy to monitor as I receive an email from their servers when the connection is lost.

My frustrations are still there, but when I can see these positive results I feel less likely to project the whole system through the nearest window. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That's good to hear Bing. D-Link cameras are my biggest issue. I typically monitor one locally and when it disconnects the blue popup comes up and I have to manually reconnect to keep viewing. I wish they auto reconnected, then the drops wouldn't be as big of a deal. 

Message 25 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7