Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Release Notes v1.10.1.2

fstockel
Star

It doesn't solve my WAN disconnects (got a supprt case). I loose internet from time to time for aprox 10min each time. The Orbi web interface says "ERROR not connected" when I log in to check. If I bypass the orbi and connect a computer directly to the net everything is ok but with Orbi it isn't.

Message 26 of 38
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Hi BobertSaget,

Re cameras,  I have a mix of various brands but the 2 D-Link are a 5222L and a 932L. Both of these auto reconnect after the popup / email notifications. 

I cannot remember any additional settings other than the normal registration and setup process that I did when i first installed them. I've just managed to access my PC, had a quick look and I cannot find anything that obviously points to auto reconnect in the settings.

I will try and have another look this weekend with a clear head. ( have spent the day with Medical Cosultants and Surgeon so a bit drained at the moment).

Hopefully a quick fix will get them sorted.

Message 27 of 38
mccx
Star

I would to provide some feedback.  I have been playing around with different version of the firmware and now I'm running:

Router: v1.10.2

Satellite: v1.11.2 beta

And I have been having very good results.   The router no longer restarts every 10-15 mins (had that issue when router is on v1.11.2 beta).   The satellite is also working fine, picking up close devices and devices are able to switch between router and satellite.   Also, most of my devices are now connecting via 5Ghz.

Message 28 of 38
superben79
Apprentice

i need netgear to stop automatically update the system. This is because sometimes I may be away and i dont want the system to reboot due to update and some of the components may not be able to reconnect after.

Is there a way to manually block auto update?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 29 of 38
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

@superben79  I do not believe there's a way to do it right now to the best of my knowlege, I agree Netgear should give the user an option to either allow automatic upgrades or not, I understand where they are coming from after the recent security issues that plagued some of their very old routers and most people didn't even know they were being afected etc, but still there should be a choice.

Message 30 of 38
tadBR
Guide

Where can i get beta firmwares?

Message 31 of 38
gregsl
Tutor

Yes, I have to agree this isn't a good firmware update (very frustrating). I can only connect 1 x Satellite's at a time (vs the 2 x I had successfully on v1.9.x) - I tried resetting to factory default and reconnecting/sync'ing the Satellite - it fails on the 2nd Satellite. Over the past 2-3 firmware updates I've wasted too much time getting them all connected and working again - reluctantly now considering returning the Orbi and getting something else. I love the Orbi hardware, but the testing before they release new firmware is unacceptable.

Message 32 of 38
gregsl
Tutor

Update - after much wasted time, I downgraded my main Orbi router and 2 x Satellites to firmware V1.9.1.12 and got the Satellites to re-sync (took some factory resetting and perseverance). I'm back to a working overall Orbi system though (for now). I've suspected before that Netgear doesn't do enough testing on the 2 x Satellites on firmware updates vs the 1 x Satellite configuration.

Message 33 of 38
superben79
Apprentice

can netgear release the offical readme for the fw V1.10.1.2? i dont like stuff installed in my devices which I PAID and not knowing what the heck it fixed (or broke)

Message 34 of 38
samsamsamsam
Guide

The router and satellites are going to automatically update themselves to v1.10.1.2., it's just a matter of time.  If anybody know how to prevent this, I would really like to know.

Message 35 of 38
Hsc1102
Apprentice

ORBI!!!!! Get your stuff together!!!!! ICANT STAND THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISCONNECT DISCONNECT DISCONNECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 36 of 38
rhester72
Virtuoso

I agree.

I have been one of the few that was solid as a rock (in AP mode) from pretty much the beginning, but after the latest official firmware, I am getting CONSTANT drops - literally every few minutes.

Netgear, FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Or force a rollback!

Rodney

Message 37 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Firmware ReadMe:

1. Added a feature where some users can no longer see that their device and being forced to use the router and not satellite.

2. Upgraded disconnect issue to ensure it happens more frequently.

3. Increased backhaul drop rate to destabilize connections.

4. Introduced bug where satellite won't sync.

5. Retrained support technicians to ensure customers become frustrated and just give up on their cases.

Thank you for choosing Netgear!
Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7