Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remote login over cellular using IP address

pablohoney
Luminary

Remote login over cellular using IP address

Hi,
I log in remotely sometimes using my IP address as opposed to the the Orbi app as I find there are more features. Anyway, when I have been trying it lately it says that I am logged in already on another device and that logging in will log me out of that device. I am not logged in on any other device and when I try to log in it doesn’t work as I just get the login screen each time. It used to work fine on previous firmware.

I’m just wondering what the solution is and are others experiencing the same when trying to log in remotely over cellular using the IP address and port login?
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
pablohoney
Luminary

I fixed it by turning off wifi on my phone and using cellular. Then turning on my VPN and logging in remotely via. web browser which worked for some reason. Then I logged out turned off the VPN and tried logging in again over the via. the web browser and it worked. Not sure what caused it but this worked.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@pablohoney wrote:
Hi,
I log in remotely sometimes using my IP address as opposed to the the Orbi app as I find there are more features. Anyway, when I have been trying it lately it says that I am logged in already on another device and that logging in will log me out of that device. I am not logged in on any other device and when I try to log in it doesn’t work as I just get the login screen each time. It used to work fine on previous firmware.

I can't comment on logging in remotely because my Orbi does not allow "Remote Administration".  When I do log in from a new device, it asks only for user name & password, and shows no indication of what I am attempting to log in to.  Is it correct to assume that the Orbi external IP address has not changed and you are attempting to connect to your Orbi, and not somebody else's system (not necessarily an Orbi)?

This message is the default behavior when another IP address is already connected to the Orbi.  I typically just close the browser window instead of clicking on "Logout", but often have other browser windows still open.  I notice that if I open a new window and reconnect, the Orbi does not ask for credentials, i.e. I remain "Logged in" even though (in my mind) I had disconnected.  Maybe a home session remains open?

Message 2 of 9
pablohoney
Luminary

No open sessions and IP address is correct. I suspect it’s a bug as I can log in but it hangs on loading devices and or asks me to log in again.
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed and test again to log in remotely?

@pablohoney wrote:
Hi,

I’m just wondering what the solution is and are others experiencing the same when trying to log in remotely over cellular using the IP address and port login?

Message 4 of 9
pablohoney
Luminary

Latest firmware version is installed. Broadband provider router/modem is Heuwei HG659 and this is bridged to the Orbi. I’m not doing a factory reset for this issue. It is yet again and Orbi bug as even if another session is logged in, the one you are logging into is meant to log that one out but it doesn’t work. Anyone else having this issue when logging into the router using your IP address via. Safari or Chrome on your iPhone using cellular data as opposed to wifi?
Message 5 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@pablohoney wrote:
Latest firmware version is installed. Broadband provider router/modem is Heuwei HG659 and this is bridged to the Orbi. I’m not doing a factory reset for this issue. It is yet again and Orbi bug as even if another session is logged in, the one you are logging into is meant to log that one out but it doesn’t work. Anyone else having this issue when logging into the router using your IP address via. Safari or Chrome on your iPhone using cellular data as opposed to wifi?
  • When remotely logging in to Orbi, do you use the correct port number that you can set under >> ADVANCED >> Advanced Setup >> Remote Management?
  • Also please try disabling Remote Management, click Apply, and then re-enable again.
Message 6 of 9
pablohoney
Luminary

I fixed it by turning off wifi on my phone and using cellular. Then turning on my VPN and logging in remotely via. web browser which worked for some reason. Then I logged out turned off the VPN and tried logging in again over the via. the web browser and it worked. Not sure what caused it but this worked.
Message 7 of 9
pablohoney
Luminary

It’s happening again and I can only log in remotely using a VPN over cellular with a browser 😡😡😡😡
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

A factory reset and setup from scratch maybe needed. 

@pablohoney wrote:
It’s happening again and I can only log in remotely using a VPN over cellular with a browser 😡😡😡😡

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7