Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote management - Orbi RBR50 AC3000

vintegra90
Aspirant

Remote management - Orbi RBR50 AC3000

I used to be able to use remote management on my cell phone, no problem.  I don't know what changed (I have the same phone), but it no longer works.  I didn't do a factory reset of my router as far as I know, but have installed the updates as recommended by Orbi... When I go to settings on my phone and press "Enable Remote Management" I get this error:

"Something Went Wrong - This NETGEAR device is already registered with another account - Note: If you factory reset your router, you must re-enable remote management."

I tried logging in to the website to adjust settings from there but no luck with that method either.  It's pretty frustrating and a waste of my time...  I saw online that some other people needed a moderator to help them but I didn't get a response from one yet.

-Vinny

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
vintegra90
Aspirant

Re: Remote management - Orbi RBR50 AC3000

Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to update the case for closure and to say the fault seems to be my own. Somehow I created two accounts with my different email addresses and when trying to login with my new email, it would let me access my router settings through wifi, but block me from remote connecting. Netgear pointed out my old email address and I confirmed it with them so now I can connect remotely with it.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is Remote Management enabed already on the RBRs web page?

Message 2 of 5
vintegra90
Aspirant

Firmware: v2.3.5.30

App version: 2.3.7.622

Modem: Netgear CM700

Remote management is enabled on website, but error appears when trying on app

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would post about this in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Message 4 of 5
vintegra90
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to update the case for closure and to say the fault seems to be my own. Somehow I created two accounts with my different email addresses and when trying to login with my new email, it would let me access my router settings through wifi, but block me from remote connecting. Netgear pointed out my old email address and I confirmed it with them so now I can connect remotely with it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7