Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Renaming RBS 20 satellite

tgarvey
Tutor

Renaming RBS 20 satellite

I recently installed an RBK 44 system.  I've been able to rename the RBR 40 router, but when I do the same process on the RBS 20 satellites the new name appears in the Network Map for a few seconds and then reverts to the old name, i.e, "Orbi Satellite-1."  I'm on V2.1.4.16.  Any suggestions?

Model: RBK44| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you renaming them from the attached devices page or are you logging into each satellite and renaming them?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 6
tgarvey
Tutor

Sorry, but I don't see any content in your response.  Anything you can offer would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you renaming them from the attached devices page or are you logging into each satellite and renaming them?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
tgarvey
Tutor

I was trying to do it using the iOS app, going to the Network Map and then clicking on each satellite.  Based on your question I logged in to orbilogin.com and succeeded.  Thank you!   

Now, not to be greedy, but I have another question:  One on my three satellites is connected to the router via another satellite rather than directly, even though the two satellies are about equadistant from the router.  Is there a way to force a satellite to connect directly to the router and, if so, would it be wise to do so?

Thanks,

Tom

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you disable daisy chaining it will force the satellites to connect to the router.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7