Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Replacement Bracket for Orbi OUTDOOR

KPFT
Tutor

Replacement Bracket for Orbi OUTDOOR

Is there anyway to get a replacement wall mount bracket for an Orbi Outdoor?  Ours broke.  I tried calling customer service several months ago and was told there was no way to get one.  It just seems crazy there isn't so I thought I'd try here!

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@KPFT wrote:

Is there anyway to get a replacement wall mount bracket for an Orbi Outdoor?  Ours broke.  I tried calling customer service several months ago and was told there was no way to get one.  It just seems crazy there isn't so I thought I'd try here!

SuperGlue?

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

On second thought, those tabs are SO SMALL that glue probably won't hold.  How about this solution:

Get a piece of plastic at least 1/8" thick that is as wide as the RBS50Y plus 3" (or so) and is as High as the original bracket (or taller, just not shorter).  Drill four (or more) mounting holes.

Attach the new bracket to the back of the RBS50Y where the original mounting bracket was supposed to go.

Why plastic?  Answer: because it will have little effect on WiFi signals.

See drawing attached.

Message 3 of 6
KPFT
Tutor

Thanks.  I'd really like Netgear to sell me a repacement bracket.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

I'd really like to win the Lottery.  Given that the product is almost certainly assembled and packaged in China, and that every package has exactly one bracket in it, there are probably zero brackets in a pile somewhere to be sold.  None of the front line support people have access to any.

My guess is the only way Netgear is going to send a bracket is if someone really important says to an assistant, "Make this problem go away.  Take one from the testing lab or open a box and pull the bracket out.  Whatever it takes."  Find out who the President of Netgear is and send a passionate letter explaining how much you LOVE the product and are disappointed that the bracket is so flimsy that it broke and Netgear has no mechanism to get a replacement.

You probably have heard the story about (years ago) when someone rode on a Pullman sleeping car and saw a cockroach. Wrote a letter to Pullman and got back a detailed explanation of how that car has been taken out of service for fumigating, the Attendant has been fired, and new processes put in place, etc. etc.  Then, a slip fell out of the envelope reading, "Send this nut the bug letter."  Will be heartwarming to hear that Netgear sent a replacement bracket, but I'm not holding my breath.

Message 5 of 6
KPFT
Tutor

Well thanks... I still think they should sell replacement parts.  I saw another person on reddit I think looking for a new one.  Bad customer service to have none.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7