Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset mesh connections?

mcdad10k
Aspirant

Reset mesh connections?

And, another question. In reviewing my Attached Devices, I noted that my outdoor ORBI satellite, located in my shop, is attached to my router, while the satellite in between my router and the shop is connected to my farthest satellite.

Here's a schematic....

Optimal: Router -> Indoor Satellite -> Shop Satellite

What I have instead: Router - -> Shop Satellite -> Indoor Satellite

Is there a way to reset the mesh connections so that the system goes to an optimal setting?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Reset mesh connections?

What appears "optimal" to humans, may not appear so to electronics.  That being said, you can try turning off both satellites.  Power up the "closer one" and let it set for a while.  Then, power up the "far" one and see what happens.

When you look at the Attached Devices web page, how does it describe the two satellite connections, "Good"?

Message 2 of 4
mcdad10k
Aspirant

Good point - and yes, both are good. 

@CrimpOn wrote:

What appears "optimal" to humans, may not appear so to electronics.  That being said, you can try turning off both satellites.  Power up the "closer one" and let it set for a while.  Then, power up the "far" one and see what happens.

When you look at the Attached Devices web page, how does it describe the two satellite connections, "Good"?

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

If there are no performance issues, I would be tempted to move on toward another task.  (except "cleaning the garage".  THAT will never "rise to the top of my list.")

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7