Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reset satellite auto connects to the router

Reset satellite auto connects to the router

Is this normal? I reset my satellite to factory settings and it auto connected to my base router without doing any sync-ing, it just magically knew to connect. I thought I didn't reset it correctly, so I did a 30 sec. reset button and pulled the electric wire for 30 second. It still connected.

Is this normal behaviour? Shouldn't it NOT connect until I press the Sync buttons?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If they were bought as a set, I thought they auto-paired. I know I initially had a set of RBK50's and the original router and satellite always auto re-pair but my add-on's always need re-syncing. Not 100% on this though. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If they were bought as a set, I thought they auto-paired. I know I initially had a set of RBK50's and the original router and satellite always auto re-pair but my add-on's always need re-syncing. Not 100% on this though. 

Message 2 of 3

@plemans wrote:

Yes they are a set. I didn't know that, online guides mention that you have to use the Sync buttons. When I first got it, due to the long reboot time of Netgear routers, it kept glowing with white light ring for some time. I thought this means its not connected and I have to Sync it, when I did it took sometime then it connected. I also do this if the connection drops.

I guess it was just rebooting this whole time, not disconnected. Why do they include a Sync button on the satellite then if it is going to auto sync?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7