Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Resetting one of my satellites

Gellie
Aspirant

Resetting one of my satellites

Getting spotty service from one of my satellites. Some of my devices are connecting to a further away satellite. I want to try to reset the faulty one. Do I just hold in the reset button for ten seconds or do I also have to hit the synch buttons on the Orbi router and satellite?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Resetting one of my satellites

Press the reset button for 15 seconds the let go. Wait for the top LED to slowly pulsate WHITE. Then hit the synce buttons on the back of the RBR and RBS. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 6
Gellie
Aspirant

Thanks. ~3500 sq ft. I just recently upgraded my Fios speed. Unfortunately they had to relocate the router to the basement. So I now have to orbi router plugged into it. One satellite on the 1st fl and another on the second fl.  Some of my devices are connecting to the satellite on the second fl even though they are closer to the 1st fl. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Basements are not ideal locations for the base RBR...

Message 4 of 6
Gellie
Aspirant

Yea I know. I don’t know if I should invest in having someone run a Ethernet Cable from the basement to the first floor?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sometimes it can be beneficial. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements