Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ridiculous. RBK40 DISCONNECTING daily!

rDozer
Aspirant

Ridiculous. RBK40 DISCONNECTING daily!

This is the most frustrating network device I have ever dealt with, in part because of connectivity issues but also because when you pay so much for a device from a reputable company you'd expect it to work. I would like to say that this is the first time I've had issues with a Netgear device so I'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but any research I've done on this topic is being "worked on" for specific models, and other models (mine included) are expected to wait. I haven't seen any update on this issue since 3/1/2018.

Now that I got my rant out of the way, my issue as many of you probably know is this...My Orbi RBK40 disconnects DAILY, at the EXACT same time. I can time it to the second, and it never fails. It does this at 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 9:45pm. Please Netgear, provide us a solution or contact me to arrange for a refund/exchange.

Thank you

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ridiculous. RBK40 DISCONNECTING daily!

What FW is currently loaded?
Has a full factory reset been performed and set up from scratch since the FW udpate?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Devices or Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7