Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ring Chime Pro not showing in attached devices

pablohoney
Luminary

Ring Chime Pro not showing in attached devices

Hi,

My Ring Chime Pro is no longer showing in the attached devices list even though it is connected to the network and has been given an IP address as per the logs. It MAC is showing in the not connected devices list!

There doesn’t appear to be an IP address conflict.

I’m using an RBR50 and RBS 50 version 1 on firmware 2.5.1.16

Any reason for this? How can I fix it?
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Ring Chime Pro not showing in attached devices

@pablohoney wrote:
My Ring Chime Pro is no longer showing in the attached devices list even though it is connected to the network and has been given an IP address as per the logs. It MAC is showing in the not connected devices list!

Does the Ring Chime Pro appear to function?  i.e. if you press the doorbell, does it "chime"?

Can you Live Stream the Ring doorbell?

Message 2 of 8
pablohoney
Luminary

Yes, it works fine just not showing as attached for some strange reason?
Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@pablohoney wrote:
Yes, it works fine just not showing as attached for some strange reason?

I had a similar experience with my Nest thermostat.  "What?", I said. "My thermostat is not Attached, but it works."

It turned out that the Orbi appears to detect devices by noticing data packets to/from them.  When some period of time goes by with zero packets, the device disappears.

I did an experiment.  Brought up Attached Devices. No Nest.  Opened the Nest app on my smartphone and fiddles with the thermostat.  Display temperature.  Look at settings. etc.  Suddenly, there it was.  Attached.  So, I closed the Nest app and waited.  After about five minutes, it was gone again.

My hypothesis is that the Nest opens a connection to the Nest "cloud" and sits waiting for a packet to arrive.

You might conduct a similar experiment.  Confirm that the Ring Chime is "not Attached".  Then, open the Ring app and do a Live View.  See if the Ring Chime suddenly appears.

Message 4 of 8
pablohoney
Luminary

Will do as it is a strange bug as the device does appear in the logs with an IP address and it’s MAC.
Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Please report what you find.

Message 6 of 8
pablohoney
Luminary

Just to be clear this device is a Ring Chime Pro and not a camera. I don’t use it to extend my Ring network it’s just being used as a chime. It used to show up in the attached devices under the current Orbi firmware but all of a sudden it is not showing. I did activate the device by testing the chime but it is still not showing up. I even reset up the device on the network and it’s still not showing. I’ll try changing the chime which should show the device as being active on the network. Also, I do have another standard Ring Chime which is showing on the attached devices. This is a strange one!
Message 7 of 8
pablohoney
Luminary

Still not showing which is very strange as it is showing in the logs with its IP address and MAC. I’ve emailed Netgear about it.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7