Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ring Video Doorbell (non-pro) & Orbi Router

Sandlot32
Aspirant

Ring Video Doorbell (non-pro) & Orbi Router

I am running v 1.8.0.6 on the Orbi RBK50. I have read the September 25, 2016, and February 11, 2017 threads, and was hoping there might be some new tricks to try. I never enabled implicit beamforming. It is frustrating to read others have not had issues while I have not been so lucky. Both the router and satellite might be equidistant but the satellite has a clearer line of sight. I LOVE the speed and strength of my Orbi and will choose it over the Ring every day and twice on Sunday. Does it make sense to power down the Orbi if it never connected to the Ring to start with? I just would like to have my cake and eat it too. I would prefer not to hook up my old router just for the Ring when it seems possible for it to work on the Orbi. Are there some other settings I should be looking at? The MU-MIMO is also not enabled. Thank you.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Re: Ring Video Doorbell (non-pro) & Orbi Router

yup the ring stuff has always been a problem but if you can re arange the router and sat so the ring connects to the router and not the sat you may have better luck as some have reported it works this way

Message 2 of 4
Adoptakitty
Aspirant

Message 3 of 4
cyberprashant
Luminary

Ring was a problem for me on 1.12.0.18. Working fine now on 1.11.0.8. I have mu mimo and beamforming enabled. Get the satellite as close to ring as possible within 25 feet ideally. 20/40 coexistence unchecked.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7