Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ring devices only work from home Orbi network?

OrbiuserBoston
Aspirant

Ring devices only work from home Orbi network?

So my 2 Ring floodlight cameras connected to my Orbi network just fine. The app works good on my iphone. This is all when I'm home connected to my home network, the same network that my cameras are connected to of course. However, whenever i leave the house and disconnect from my network, live view will not work. Any had this problem or maybe you know something i can try to get it to work on a network other than my home wifi? The reson I got Ring was to keep my home safe when I'm away and that is the one thing it won't do. So lame. Ring support is useless. They read from scripts on the phone and send canned responses via email. Just robots, no actual independant thoughts to offer. Just a meaningless list of random things to try that don't work. Why would it work perfect from my home network and not at all from any other network? I'm stumped. Anyone?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is loaded on the router?

What Mfr and model# is the ISP modem? Any built in router here by chance?

Any specialized configurations needed for these cameras? You might check with the Mfr of these cameras to see about help and information regarding this.

Message 2 of 9
OrbiuserBoston
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have an Orbi router and a seperate modem. Not sure the modem model and maker, I'll have to check that later. 

As I said in my op, Ring support is useless.

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have any other devices that you can check from remote locations? Like a thermosat? Possible could be a app serivce issue.

Let us know if you can find out information about your modem.

Message 4 of 9
OrbiuserBoston
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have many devices I use remotely and they all work fine. Sensi Thermostat, Apple stuff, Dish Anywhere, etc.

Modem info:

Technicolor 2-port tc4400

Features:

DOCSIS 3.1 compliant
Backward compatible with (Euro)DOCSIS 3.0
2 x 2 OFDM(A) bonded channels in DOCSIS 3.1 mode
32 x 8 bonded channels in DOCSIS 3.0 mode
Switchable diplexer for upstream and downstream frequency up to 204 MHz split
Up to 1.2 GHz full band capture tuner
Built in RF spectrum analyzer
2 GE LAN ports
Dual stack IPv4 & IPv6 enabled
Designed to meet the latest ECO standards

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, can't tell for sure if your modem is a modem only or had a built in router.

I resume that if your other remote apps and connections are working, then the modem is problaby a modem only or in transparent bridge mode. Having two routers on the same line can cause problems. Reason for checking this.

I presume if other apps are working, that his one particular app and service maybe having issues and would be the Mfr area to help with this. Others have reported having RING product issues with Orbi systems and not fully compabile with MESH systems.

Message 6 of 9
OrbiuserBoston
Aspirant

Thanks, yes some have issues, yet for others it works fine with Orbi mesh. It is just a modem, not a router. Manufacturer is useless. Will keep looking for answers, thanks again.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck.

Message 8 of 9
OrbiuserBoston
Aspirant

thanks

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7