Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rollback/Uninstall firmware update 2.3.1.48

PaulB2019
Initiate

Rollback/Uninstall firmware update 2.3.1.48

• How do you uninstall firmware update 2.3.1.48?  Ever since this update was applied 2 days ago my system is not working correctly.  I have reset system to factory default settings but this does NOT rollback the firmware update.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats not working correctly? Wireless? Wired? Internet access? Need more details. Others have v48 loaded and is working for them. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@PaulB2019 wrote:
  • How do you uninstall firmware update 2.3.1.48?  Ever since this update was applied 2 days ago my system is not working correctly.  I have reset system to factory default settings but this does NOT rollback the firmware update.

Message 2 of 5
PaulB2019
Initiate

So I think you are missing the point.  Regardless of all the questions you asked the point is that everything worked fine before this update!  All I was asking (and still asking) was how to roll it back/or uninstall?  There are quite a few other posts of folks that had ssues with this update as well so it definitely seems that there was an issue(s).  As to what is not working, the satellites lose their connection to the router and all connected devices seem to lose internet connectivity regardless of which satellite/router thery are connecting to.  Powering the router off/on seems to correct the issue but only temporarily.  After several minutes of waiting for everything to come back up the issue reappears within10 minutes.  I will stress again that the ONLY thing that has changed is that the update was applied.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe answering some of the questions and trying some of the suggestions may help your situation. Has helped others. v48 works for me and others. Sometimes Orbi needs some additional adjustments to help it work. Also there are other factors  that can cause problems with Orbi as mentioned is the suggestions may help. Roll back FW may not help and prior version may have only been covering up the real issue. 

Try this however if you wish:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Router-Auto-Firmware-Update-Switch/m-p/1743269#M60404

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi @PaulB2019,

@PaulB2019 wrote:

You can rollback to a previous version by re-installing your previous version over the current version.  Then you might want to lock it down by disabling firmware auto-update.  All supported firmware versions can be downloaded from here.

To (re)install firmware, head over to ADVANCED Firmware Update page and select the Manual Update.  Then upload the firmware version you want to install.  Repeate the same steps for all the Satellites.  To access the Satellite UI, points your browser at its IP address.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7