Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rookie trying to connect Nano M5 Stations- Help Needed

Atticus0232
Follower

Rookie trying to connect Nano M5 Stations- Help Needed

Hey all,

I am new to this all and I think I have stumble as far as I can and now need some help from the experts.

The home I purchased has 8 outside cameras. 4 of these are on a shop 60 feet from the home. I am trying to setup my nanostation m5's and I keep getting stuck on the setup which I think is Orbi router related. 

The nanostation has power and I'm instructed to enter "https://192.168.1.20" into my browers to access the nano M5 for setup. 

When I enter that, I receive a page that tells me "The site cannot be reached" and that it took too long to respond.

Do I need to assign ports in my orbi router or could there be something else going on?

Thank you, 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Rookie trying to connect Nano M5 Stations- Help Needed

I think what the installation instructions fail to make clear is that the nanostation is supposed to be connected directly to a host computer with an ethernet cable.  That is the reason to set a static IP address on the host computer. (with it not being connected to a network, the host computer cannot get an IP address using DHCP).  Once the configuration process is completed, my guess is that the nanostation will be configured to use DHCP to get an IP address from the Orbi.

My advice is to look at a couple of the videos on like that go through the process of installing the nanostation m5.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7