Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Firmware update on app or chrome

lcalcari
Aspirant

Router Firmware update on app or chrome

I have had nothing but problems when using the Orbi RBR50 with three satelites. The satelites will consistently drop out and have to be reset in order to come back online (weekly). I have yet to be able to access the orbilogin.com since the original set up on chrome, safari, firefox. I have followed all of the cache and browser history tips with nothing working. The Orbi app is a whole other issue. I am connected to my local wifi via the Orbi router and the app has to connect via the anywhere option since it cannot find my network (the one I am using to access the app).  I need to update firmware, but neither the app or the orbilogin are options. How else can this work? These are too expensive to have all the issues. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router Firmware update on app or chrome

Please mark your thread as solved so other will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

You can manually download FW files and install them directly to the RBS and RBR...

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@lcalcari wrote:

I have had nothing but problems when using the Orbi RBR50 with three satelites. The satelites will consistently drop out and have to be reset in order to come back online (weekly). I have yet to be able to access the orbilogin.com since the original set up on chrome, safari, firefox. I have followed all of the cache and browser history tips with nothing working. The Orbi app is a whole other issue. I am connected to my local wifi via the Orbi router and the app has to connect via the anywhere option since it cannot find my network (the one I am using to access the app).  I need to update firmware, but neither the app or the orbilogin are options. How else can this work? These are too expensive to have all the issues. 

When the Orbi was set up, was a lot of effort put into "customizing" the configuration?  Things like assigning IP addresses to specific devices, defining device "names" and "types" in the Attached Devices display?

If not, what about performing a Factory Refresh and setting the system up from scratch using a web browser?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 3 of 8
lcalcari
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded? Running Firmware Version V2.5.1.16

You can manually download FW files and install them directly to the RBS and RBR...  When I downloaded the file they were all pdf in the zip file with one img file. Am I missing an actionable file? Also how do I install if the I cannot access my orbi admin page for update on a browser?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?  3400 sq. ft.
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.  Router is in basement next to the modem along with one satelite approx 40ft away. Other two satelites are on main level of house. These are spaced out in rooms 60+ feet apart one directly above the router.

https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 4 of 8
lcalcari
Aspirant

I did not do any customization to the router during installation other than define a guest network. I am trying to avoid the factory reset if possible, but will check out the video and if I cannot find another way go this route. Thank you

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@lcalcari wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded? Running Firmware Version V2.5.1.16

You can manually download FW files and install them directly to the RBS and RBR...  When I downloaded the file they were all pdf in the zip file with one img file. Am I missing an actionable file? Also how do I install if the I cannot access my orbi admin page for update on a browser? The one IMG file is the FW file. You use this file to install it. You need a PC and web browser, IE11, Edge, Firefox or Opera for this. Log into the RBRs web page and under Advanced tab/Administration/Firmware Update/Manual is where you can select the IMG file you downloaded. 

Update first with the RBS then the RBR lastly. You can upate RBS FW on there web page as well. 

Message 6 of 8
lcalcari
Aspirant

Thank you. I am able to get them updated via the website. Had trouble accessing from my main computer, but was able to gain access from an alternate laptop via Chrome. I appreciate the tutorial. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so other will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7