Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Password Recovery isn't working with my RBR20

galenaforest
Follower

Router Password Recovery isn't working with my RBR20

I've tried to login to my router and when it didn't work, I tried using Router Password Recovery. When it asked for my security questions, I provided the answers and a box droped down saying the answers aren't correct. Since the RPR doesn't work for me, what can I do to reovery my password?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Router Password Recovery isn't working with my RBR20

Nothing. If you don't know the password and the recovery questions were either set wrong or not setup, you'll need to do a factory reset to redo the password. here's a thread that talks about the same issue.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Security-questions/m-p/1747239#M61063

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Nothing. If you don't know the password and the recovery questions were either set wrong or not setup, you'll need to do a factory reset to redo the password. here's a thread that talks about the same issue.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Security-questions/m-p/1747239#M61063

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@Christian_R  can't these firmware developers not simply hide the recovery questions as long as the related data fields re undefined or empty? Granted, this would require proper initialization of variables, and correct default files. Don't know how many hundred times we will see these user questions in the community - and NOBODY is able to correct this obvious usability issue?  And yes, this would apply to all products where this wonderful password recovery "design" is in place - Orbi, Orbi Pro, Nighthawk routers, Nighthawk Pro Gaming, Nighthawk WiFi 6, .... of course.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7