Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router UPS Ratings

r_pathak5
Guide

Router UPS Ratings

I am looking for compatible router UPS options for the RBK753 router and satellites. Would any UPS supporting 12V - 2A work ?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Rarely does the router need their max output from the power supply. So it might work but have instability issues/rebooting. 

always better to have more amperage as the router won't draw the additional power unless it needs it. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Are you looking at replacing its power supply? 

Why not just get a UPS that you plug the power supply into? Much cheaper option

Message 2 of 9
r_pathak5
Guide

Yes I am looking for a UPS, but I am looking for sleeker inline UPS options instead of a full blown UPS. Inline UPS's that support 12V 2A are pretty sleek and was wondering if those would work with this.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

If it matches the power supplies output (same voltage and polarity, with enough amperage) then it should work. 

What specific model are you looking at? 
The inline models might be sleeker but a bit more expensive. 

Message 4 of 9
r_pathak5
Guide

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

You can have more amps but don't go less. And even on that models site, they recommend going up a bit. They've put if you're needing 0.5A to go with the 1.0A version. I'm betting they slightly underperform or are needing extra amperage to account for charging/conversion loss. 

So check what your actual adapter is outputing for voltage and amps and just make sure it has the exact same volts and at least the same (if not more) amps. 

Message 6 of 9
r_pathak5
Guide

On the website it is written that the RKB753 comes with the 12V , 2.5A adopter. So I am assuming that 2A UPS will not work

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Rarely does the router need their max output from the power supply. So it might work but have instability issues/rebooting. 

always better to have more amperage as the router won't draw the additional power unless it needs it. 

Message 8 of 9
r_pathak5
Guide

Thanks. This helps.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements