Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router and Satelite's orientation - best practices?

Smitty77
Initiate

Router and Satelite's orientation - best practices?

New Costco kit setup two days ago. Updated to the 2.1 16's software. So far all has been stable:)! I did configure BEAMFORMING on, but did not toggle on the Mimo. 

In our main 3300 sq ft home, all is well with the ORBI. Router is in an upstairs office, on side of the house, about in the middle from front to back. The Satelite 1 is downstairs on the right side of the house. And has a good Blue signal, and  WiFi Explorer indicating good 2.4 and 5 signal strengths. The full house has excellent coverage in both 2.4 and 5 frequencies. 

Satelite 2 is in the second floor of a seperate garage, about 120-140' away from the Router in our office. I place the Router by a window, and it has great line of sight accros the way to the over the garage unit. So only the offic window for the Router signal to pass thru, and then one wall of the over the garage unit to where the Satelite 2 is currently setup. It first had the 'Fair color ring' which after revooting the Router only, re-established as 'Good blue color ring'. Good download Speednet testing in the all areas of the over the garage unit. 

OK - My questions:

-Do the Routers and Satelite utilized Mimo when communicating? Should I toggle the Mimo option on? 

-Looking down at Router and Satelites, their oblong, exagerated 'egg' shape. Does the orrientation of the broadcast signals radiate coveage in an oblong/egg shape? Or, is it a true circular/wheel like coverage signal? And with BEAMFORMING Toggled on like I have, does the 'orrientation' of the Router and Satelites make a difference?

Just want to maximize the capability of the ORBI's, and figured some of you with more experience would know.

TIA, and best to all,

Smitty

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Router and Satelite's orientation - best practices?

If everything is working how you need it to then you may not want to enable that feature as for placement you will have to experiment a little bit as everyone's wifi environment is different.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7