Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router dropping connections

Hairybuffalo
Follower

Router dropping connections

My rbr50 keeps dropping connections on my network. Multiple computers seeing the same thing, they just lose their connection to the network. This includes internet access and internal resources within my network. I've confirmed my internet is fine by plugging directly into my modem, it's just the connection to the router that is having problems. I've done a factory reset 3 times now and can't stay connected for more than about 30 seconds. I'm on the latest firmware. This is the second time I've gone through this. The previous time about three weeks ago I did a factory reset and it fixed the problem. No such luck this time.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
Paul_NL
Aspirant

Re: Router dropping connections

I have the same problem, received the system over the weekend installed it and since then dropping connections, no wifi, strange behavior of the website, asking for passwords every 5 minutes. I paid a lot of money for a useless system, will be returning this.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router dropping connections

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the router is connected too?

After a factory reset and set up from scratch, try disabling MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming and IPv6.

Try setting manual channels to 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Whats the size of the home? SqFt.

Distance between router and satellite(s)?

@Hairybuffalo wrote:
My rbr50 keeps dropping connections on my network. Multiple computers seeing the same thing, they just lose their connection to the network. This includes internet access and internal resources within my network. I've confirmed my internet is fine by plugging directly into my modem, it's just the connection to the router that is having problems. I've done a factory reset 3 times now and can't stay connected for more than about 30 seconds. I'm on the latest firmware. This is the second time I've gone through this. The previous time about three weeks ago I did a factory reset and it fixed the problem. No such luck this time.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7