Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router not connecting to internet

Leonard67
Follower

Router not connecting to internet

I am trying to connect a RBR50 router to my modem that was provided by my internet/cable service provider to replace my old Netgear WNR2000v5 router.  Everything seemed to connect and set up okay.  When my computer located the router and I told it to connect it acts like it did, but then a little window briefly opens saying No Internet Connection.  When I hover over the little "status" monitor icon, it says ORBI88 No Internet access.  But  back when I tell the computer to connect, my computer automatically goes to and MSN browser screen.  I've never used the MSN browser, only google chrome.  Can anyone tell me if the router is actually connected or not?  My computer does have a hardwire internet connection with the modem.  But that shouldn't interfer with the router WiFi connection.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Router not connecting to internet

@Leonard67 wrote:

I am trying to connect a RBR50 router to my modem that was provided by my internet/cable service provider to replace my old Netgear WNR2000v5 router.  Everything seemed to connect and set up okay.  When my computer located the router and I told it to connect it acts like it did, but then a little window briefly opens saying No Internet Connection.  When I hover over the little "status" monitor icon, it says ORBI88 No Internet access.  But  back when I tell the computer to connect, my computer automatically goes to and MSN browser screen.  I've never used the MSN browser, only google chrome.  Can anyone tell me if the router is actually connected or not?  My computer does have a hardwire internet connection with the modem.  But that shouldn't interfer with the router WiFi connection.

What ISP device model is your Orbi router connected to?
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the Orbi router install?
Is your Orbi router in router mode or AP mode?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7