Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router ring still shows purple regularly

BillYoung
Luminary

Router ring still shows purple regularly

To whom it may concern:

My router ring is still showing purple on a regular, consistent basis anymore.  Anything I can do to prevent this from occuring?

Here is some additional information for you:

What mode is your Orbi in?  AP mode.

What FW is currently loaded? 2.1.4.16
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too? SMART/RG SR360n - being used as both a modem and a router currently.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? Approximately 1200 sq ft. 
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials. Approximately 40 ft.  Building materials are plaster walls, wooden doors, and wooden doors with glass in between.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? Channel 3 on 2.4Ghz.  Channel 48 on 5Ghz  6 Wifi neighbors near by.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router ring still shows purple regularly

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too? SMART/RG SR360n - being used as both a modem and a router currently.

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
BillYoung
Luminary

Furrye38:

I did the Option 1 you gave me.  It worked like a champ.  Now I just need to get used to this new configuration.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation