Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router throughput - low performance under AP mode

Paradoxes
Initiate

Router throughput - low performance under AP mode

I have RBK40 and RBK50 Mesh router, both has WAN-to-LAN low performance problem under AP mode.

For special and external services, I use x68 OpenWRT as my main router and it is with a embedded NAS system. In the meantime, I set RBK50 as AP mode,

1) RBR50's wan port connect my main router's lan port

2) my desktop connect RBR50's lan port.

As time goes on, I found that When data transfer between my desktop and NAS, connect speed never exceed 70MB/s, but when unplug cable from RBR‘s wan port and plug in RBR's lan port, speed back to normal (about 110MB/s), so I google it, it seems a common problem in Netgear product, link below is the throughtput test (WAN to LAN, LAN to LAN):

https://www.duckware.com/tech/router-wan-to-lan-throughput-test.html

I perform throughput test in my network, RBK50 and RBK40 do show the same problem. Both FIRMWARE has been updated to the newest version-V2.5.2.4

I don't want to add any other equipments to get a normal network experience, I already pay the money. PLEASE comfirm the issue and FIXS it in your Orbi products as soon as possible.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router throughput - low performance under AP mode

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7