Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router vs AP mode

dangitzin
Aspirant

If you are using the same cable, make sure you connect PS4 to the same LAN port that was used by the powerline.

Didn't see this... the "base" of the powerline is connected to one of the RBR's ethernet ports and the receiving plug is straight into the wall outlet. Only thing connected to the satellite's ports are my PC, Xbox One X and sometimes the PS4 Pro when I try to test it out again.

Message 26 of 29
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

>> the "base" of the powerline is connected to one of the RBR's ethernet ports...

This basically answers your question.  The issue is with the wireless backhaul.  To avoid this problem, add a 4-ports Gbits switch and connect the switch to the powerline if you need more LAN ports.  Then connect all your consoles to that switch until you have time to experiment with wireless backhaul solution by moving it around to find a better location.  You can also try switching to using LAN backhaul via the powerline if that gives you better performance than wireless backhaul.  In the worst case, you can try a Factory Reset on both the router and satellite and start all over again when no one else is around.

Message 27 of 29
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Have you tried/checked these settings?

>> Disable 20/40 MHz Coexistence

>> Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 28 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Also I would disable Instant ON with the xbox console as well...

@dangitzin wrote:

If you are using the same cable, make sure you connect PS4 to the same LAN port that was used by the powerline.

Didn't see this... the "base" of the powerline is connected to one of the RBR's ethernet ports and the receiving plug is straight into the wall outlet. Only thing connected to the satellite's ports are my PC, Xbox One X and sometimes the PS4 Pro when I try to test it out again.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7