Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router won’t connect to the internet

crhodes9898
Follower

Router won’t connect to the internet

Greetings,

My issue started a week ago. My internet randomly cut out for hours. You could still connect to the orbi network, but there was no internet. I tried calling my ISP and they said everything looked fine. Then I tried factory resetting my orbi and it seemed to work, I just had to download the app and set the network back up. The internet worked fine for a week, but now it’s happened again. Today the internet randomly just stopped working. I tried to factory reset the orbi again, but it won’t reset. I’ve had it for a few years and it’s been fine until the past week. The router just sits there blinking white.

I have a main router and then two satellites that plug directly into the wall. My modem is a Arris Surfboard SB8200. There are a lot of devices in the house, most use the WiFi, but some use Ethernet.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router won’t connect to the internet

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 
https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7