Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Routeur forces Daisy Chain while disabled

motal6141
Aspirant

Routeur forces Daisy Chain while disabled

Hello all :

i have a router RBR50 and 2 satellites RBS50, Daisy-chain topology unchecked.

i suffer from regular wifi drop offs : when checking my network mapping, it seems that my network keeps jumping from normal topology (each satellite connected to the router) to Daisy chain topogy (each satellite connected to each other, one satellite only connected to router) while i did uncheck the daisy chain topology option...

Each time my network jumps from normal topoly to serial topology (daisy chain), wifi drops, which makes my network barely usable...

How come Daisy chain option seems to be still active while unchecked? how to fix that?

thanks again for your help.

PS : @ any Netgear admin : i am absolutely unhappy with your support. i did just purchase my satellite, you are supposed to offer 90 days phone support following the purchase, but you only offer "ask our communauty" support in my case while my porduct was purchased less than a month ago... this is extremely disapointing

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
ekhalil
Master

Re: Routeur forces Daisy Chain while disabled

When Daisy Chain is disabled then you should only see one hidden backhaul network originated from the router. If Daisy Chain is enabled then you will see one hidden network from each of the Satellites as well.
Please make a wifi scan using a laptop or a mobile device. If you see any hidden network from any of the Satellites (Check the MAC addresses to see which Satellite is which) then please restart or power cycle that Satellite. It could be that the parameter change when you disabled Daisy Chain was not passed to the Satellite from the Router for some reason (e.g. bad link).
It’s this hidden network that allows Satellites to connect to the Router (in star topology) or other Satellites (in Daisy Chain topology).
Message 2 of 13
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Or point your browser at each Satellite debug.htm page.  Verify that Daisy-Chain is indeed disabled on that page.

Replace 192.168.1.x with Satellite IP address:

Message 3 of 13
motal6141
Aspirant

Thanks’for your reply. I am not sure to understand how to see if i have a network blackhaul generated from my router or my satellites? When i look in my laptop or smartphone wifi list, i only see one network that matches my network name, is this what you mention?
Message 4 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@motal6141 wrote:
...........When i look in my laptop or smartphone wifi list, i only see one network that matches my network name, is this what you mention?

What I meant is that you need to have a special wifi scan software.

If you don't want to go through this then please try the following. It looks to me that the Daisy Chain is not disabled in one of your Satellites:

1. Go to the advanced wireless settings in the web GUI

2. Enable Daisy Chain and click Apply.

3. Wait until the system comes back again.

4. Go back to the Advanced wireless settings and now disable Daisy Chain and click on Apply.

5. When the system comes back please check if the your Satellites will still connect in Daisy Chain topology.

Message 5 of 13
motal6141
Aspirant

Thanks a lot will try that, i will let you know
Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

If the problem seem to still appear, you may want to try a factory reset on the system, RBR and RBSs. Setup from scratch. Before you add the satellite(s), set up the RBR first and ensure disable Daisy Chain, save and apply. I would do a full reboot on the RBR, then onces it's ready, add the satellites one at a time. 

@motal6141 wrote:

Hello all :

i have a router RBR50 and 2 satellites RBS50, Daisy-chain topology unchecked.

i suffer from regular wifi drop offs : when checking my network mapping, it seems that my network keeps jumping from normal topology (each satellite connected to the router) to Daisy chain topogy (each satellite connected to each other, one satellite only connected to router) while i did uncheck the daisy chain topology option...

Each time my network jumps from normal topoly to serial topology (daisy chain), wifi drops, which makes my network barely usable...

How come Daisy chain option seems to be still active while unchecked? how to fix that?

thanks again for your help.

PS : @ any Netgear admin : i am absolutely unhappy with your support. i did just purchase my satellite, you are supposed to offer 90 days phone support following the purchase, but you only offer "ask our communauty" support in my case while my porduct was purchased less than a month ago... this is extremely disapointing

Message 7 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @motal6141

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information they’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 13
motal6141
Aspirant

Thank you all for your advices and time.

After trying everything mentioned, including a factory reset etc.... i am still facing the same issue.

This is extremely frustrating, especially for a new product and when Netgear does not provide any customer service besides letting you guys do the work through the community
Message 9 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

@motal6141 wrote:

You raise a good point.  Netgear advertises 90 days of technical support once a product is registered (instructions on this web site: https://kb.netgear.com/26904/How-do-I-register-a-product-on-MyNETGEAR)

Even though the initial purchase may have been made more than 90 days ago, my opinion is that purchasing a new satellite should entitle the buyer to 90 days of support on the new satellite (which, of course, is a part of the entire system).  When I looked at the registration page, the option to get support was indeed there, although not particularly highlighted.

Has the new satellite been registered?

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 11 of 13
motal6141
Aspirant

Yes satellite has been registered and unfortunately, they won’t offer any type of customer service..
Message 12 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @motal6141

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7