Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

S10 and Orbi drop out

danall22
Aspirant

S10 and Orbi drop out

I have an Orbi set up running in router mode and it does not like the s10. I have over 50 devices attached and not one issue with any of the others but the s10 is constantly disconnecting from the Orbi. It says authentication error on the s10. Any ideas as it’s driving me mad...all 50+ devices are fine though!!
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: S10 and Orbi drop out

s10?

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If ALL other devices are working with orbi and this one device isn't, then this would inidcated a problem with this S10 device? Samsung? 

I would first contact the Mfr of this device and get help and support there first. 

@danall22 wrote:
I have an Orbi set up running in router mode and it does not like the s10. I have over 50 devices attached and not one issue with any of the others but the s10 is constantly disconnecting from the Orbi. It says authentication error on the s10. Any ideas as it’s driving me mad...all 50+ devices are fine though!!

Message 3 of 8
danall22
Aspirant

Yes sorry a Samsung s10 mobile phone.
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try doing a IP address reserveration for the phone ON the RBRs web page. Use a web browser for this. 

See if you can assign it a IP address reservation. 

You can try some of these suggestions, however you may not want to both since other devices are working. You can revert back the changes:

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

no mention of the firmware?

Message 6 of 8
rusty44
Aspirant

Message 7 of 8
Mjsmith3
Tutor

I tried this solution and it works temporarily and then fails. None of my other devices seen to have those issue other than my S10+. Rebooting phone solves problem temporarily, butt usually only for a few hours
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7