Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SET UP ORBI

JWheatie
Follower

SET UP ORBI

WE have had CenturyLink for six years and are at the end of their line. Our internet sucks so I have SimplyBits coming out tomorrow to install an antenna. I purchased an Arris modem, the SurfBoard DOCSiS 3.0. I purchased the Orbi with one satelite,and purchased a separate satelite for a total of two satelites. I have on hand various other pieces if needed, a netgear range extender that is about one year old, an Apple Airport Extreme and several Apple Airport Expresses.

We have two Nest Cameras, one trained on each gate. as you can see in the picture, the one on  the barn is pretty far. That one, and the garage camera, are currently boosted with airport expresses. The garage one works great that way. The barn one gets dropped pretty often.

Spoiler
Scan_2017_03_02_15_18_21_106.jpg

My questions: Where do I want SimplyBits to bring the ethernet into the house (see where two tvs are) and where do I want to place my satelites?

Willi need to connect the airports to the satelite nearest the barn with another airport in the barn (sort of like I have now) or would the extender be better?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: SET UP ORBI

Hello Jweatie

You want the internet connection in the most central place where you would put the router and then the satellites on the edges you will want each satellite to link back to the base router not satellite to satellite.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7