Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SOLUTION: Apple Airport Express / AirPlay Connection Issues

Retired_Member
Not applicable

SOLUTION: Apple Airport Express / AirPlay Connection Issues

After almost 2 days of trying to figure this out I wanted to share my experience for any other apple users having the same problem with their airport express devices either not connecting anymore or cutting in/out when streaming music using Apple AirPlay.

THIS SOLVES THE PROBLEM!

1. Go to www.orbilogin.com and login into your admin account

2. Click on the ADVANCED tab

3. Then under the menu click ADVANCED SETUP

4. Click on WIRELESS SETTINGS

5. UNCHECK the box Enable Daisy-Chain Topology

6. CHECK the box Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING

7. Click APPLY and your router will restart with the new settings.

Everything worked perfectly after that. No more dropouts with AirPlay on any of my airport express devices (both 1st & 2nd generation work perfect now)

You may want to unplug and replug any airport express just to be safe and let it reconnect to the network again.

Hope this helps any Mac users!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SOLUTION: Apple Airport Express / AirPlay Connection Issues

Daisy Chain should be disbled if you only have 1 RBS satellite in place. Or placement of multiple RBS in STAR formation from the RBR. 

Enjoy. 

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: SOLUTION: Apple Airport Express / AirPlay Connection Issues

@Retired_Member wrote:

After almost 2 days of trying to figure this out I wanted to share my experience for any other apple users having the same problem with their airport express devices either not connecting anymore or cutting in/out when streaming music using Apple AirPlay.

THIS SOLVES THE PROBLEM!

1. Go to www.orbilogin.com and login into your admin account

2. Click on the ADVANCED tab

3. Then under the menu click ADVANCED SETUP

4. Click on WIRELESS SETTINGS

5. UNCHECK the box Enable Daisy-Chain Topology

6. CHECK the box Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING

7. Click APPLY and your router will restart with the new settings.

Everything worked perfectly after that. No more dropouts with AirPlay on any of my airport express devices (both 1st & 2nd generation work perfect now)

You may want to unplug and replug any airport express just to be safe and let it reconnect to the network again.

Hope this helps any Mac users!

Sorry, I did not get what you're trying to do. How is the Airport Express connected to Orbi? For best network performance you have to have the Airport wired to Orbi and set in AP mode. Is this what you have?

Do you use the Airport Express (AE) to extend the radio in your network? Does the AE use different radio channels that those used in Orbi?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7