SOLVED (Netgear Pay Attention) V2.1.2.18 disconnect issue

cmftblynu
Star

SOLVED (Netgear Pay Attention) V2.1.2.18 disconnect issue

So after going through hell and finally diagnosing netgear's screw up myself, if you have V2.1.2.18 and your network goes crazy after updating: UNPLUG any wired satellites.  It causes a network endless loop.  I have a satellite clear out in the garage because of the long distance, and before on V2.1.2.16, the firmware recognized it as a wired connection.  For some reason on V2.1.2.18, it connects wirelessly AND WIRED and causes an endless loop that crashes the network.  Netgear the IS A HUGE SCREW UP ON YOUR PART.  FIX IT.  It was fine in V2.1.2.16... please stop breaking your new firmware.  For anyone else who has been going through the months of hell that we have with google products and netgrear, hopefully this helps you.  I am on V2.1.2.18 and so far it is stable, once I unplug the satellite.  Glad I figured that out without any help from netgear at all after paying 1000.00 for their products.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
budy
Luminary

Betreff: SOLVED (Netgear Pay Attention) V2.1.2.18 disconnect issue

Although I am glad, that you got your issue sorted out, I had to comment on your post, because I have poked at the Orbi's internals and what you state, can only happen, if the internel network bridge, which is software-defined, has been seriously screwed up somehow.

If you login to your Orbi router or satellite, you can examine the bridge br0 for yourself. As far as I can see, the config on the bridges of my Orbis is reasonable. The past costs are well chosen and STP (spanning tree protocol) takes care of the rest. If STP has been shutdown on one of your Orbis - for whatever reason, you might experience such a erratic behaviour.

…while we're talking about STP, there could also be another device on the network, which could cause troubles with STP, if it had a ID lower than the ones, the Orbis use, making it a STP rootbridge in the network. However, such a device would somewhat be a switch or router… something that does understand STP.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
linkwrt
Guide

Re: SOLVED (Netgear Pay Attention) V2.1.2.18 disconnect issue

wrote:

So after going through hell and finally diagnosing netgear's screw up myself, if you have V2.1.2.18 and your network goes crazy after updating: UNPLUG any wired satellites.  It causes a network endless loop.  I have a satellite clear out in the garage because of the long distance, and before on V2.1.2.16, the firmware recognized it as a wired connection.  For some reason on V2.1.2.18, it connects wirelessly AND WIRED and causes an endless loop that crashes the network.  Netgear the IS A HUGE SCREW UP ON YOUR PART.  FIX IT.  It was fine in V2.1.2.16... please stop breaking your new firmware.  For anyone else who has been going through the months of hell that we have with google products and netgrear, hopefully this helps you.  I am on V2.1.2.18 and so far it is stable, once I unplug the satellite.  Glad I figured that out without any help from netgear at all after paying 1000.00 for their products.

I don't have problem metioned by you.

I set both satellites using wireless, then connected to LAN, but before i connected to lan i powered off, put lan on satellite, then powered on.

Now satellite detected lan and was set as AP.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements