Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SONOS One can't works in RBR20 with Wireless (only one RBR20,No satellite)

JohnZxm
Aspirant

SONOS One can't works in RBR20 with Wireless (only one RBR20,No satellite)

I have two sonos one device, It works connect to R6200 with wireless in before. As R6200 using so long time, So I buy new one ORBI RBR20 router replace r6200. After that time, My sonos can't work properly. The speed often just have 1M or 2M. and often lost connect , I need to rebuild the wifi connect then can found it. SONOS support engineer no ideal. Try so long time, They can't solved this problems.They reply me t is ORBI wireless network issue.

I using cable direct connect no problems.  Did anyone have the same problems?  Netgear support ,could you tell me how to solved this issue.

I also try seperate the 2.4G and 5G SSID, But not success.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Will_T
Apprentice

I am sure one of the experts here will come along tomorrow with some suggestions for your wireless issues with your Sonos.  My Sonos is hardwired but just for your information it is working perfectly so far connected with about 15' of CAT6. It failed the first time I tried connecting it, but the 2nd time it worked. I did not have to do anything special for it.  I just just pushed the button on the Sonos and then let the Sonos App go through the connection steps it does automatically and it was good. 

Message 2 of 6
JohnZxm
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply,Wired the SONOS to RBR20 is works,But I need via wireless connect,RBR20 just one eth port,I need connect to my NAS
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Try this, just temporarily disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast while you set up SONOs on 2.4Ghz. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Once setup, re-enable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast. 

@JohnZxm wrote:

I have two sonos one device, It works connect to R6200 with wireless in before. As R6200 using so long time, So I buy new one ORBI RBR20 router replace r6200. After that time, My sonos can't work properly. The speed often just have 1M or 2M. and often lost connect , I need to rebuild the wifi connect then can found it. SONOS support engineer no ideal. Try so long time, They can't solved this problems.They reply me t is ORBI wireless network issue.

I using cable direct connect no problems.  Did anyone have the same problems?  Netgear support ,could you tell me how to solved this issue.

I also try seperate the 2.4G and 5G SSID, But not success.

Message 4 of 6
JohnZxm
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I only one RBR20, Not have satellite. 

SONOS one nearly RBR20,

2.4G channel has assign to channel 01.

Already enabling Beamforming and MIMO

I have try so many time about this with SONOS engineer, But not succes.

I can not find the SONOS in ORBI router from yesterday,reboot router and SONOS no use. Sonos can not connect to RBR20.

Message 5 of 6
JohnZxm
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I only one RBR20, Not have satellite. 

SONOS one nearly RBR20,

2.4G channel has assign to channel 01.

Already enabling Beamforming and MIMO

I have try so many time about this with SONOS engineer, But not succes.

I can not find the SONOS in ORBI router from yesterday,reboot router and SONOS no use. Sonos can not connect to RBR20.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7