Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRK60 power plug

scajetan
Follower

SRK60 power plug

I seem to have no power on my SRK60 using the given power plug due to a recent spike in power at my business.  How do I get replacement X 2 plugs send to my address '106 Conte Circuit, Augustine Heights, QLD 4300'?

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SRK60 power plug

I recommend that you post about this in the Orbi Pro forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Good Luck. 

@scajetan wrote:

I seem to have no power on my SRK60 using the given power plug due to a recent spike in power at my business.  How do I get replacement X 2 plugs send to my address '106 Conte Circuit, Augustine Heights, QLD 4300'?

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

My guess is that posting in a community forum will not result in a delivery to Australia.  Probably a lot faster to pick up a couple of power supplies from an electronics store or order from Amazon.  What you need is something that produces 12v at 3.5amp with a plug that is 5.5mm x 2.1mm and the center of the plug is positive:

RBR50 Plug.jpg

The "gotcha" is that Australia uses 230v at 50hz and a wonderfully Australian plug.  My guess is that anything purchased in Australia, even from Amazon, will come that way.

Message 3 of 6

Start the RMA process, although it probably does not cover things like power spikes.

That has nothing to do with manufacturing faults.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

I should have added:  plug all the Orbi's into some kind of surge protector!!!  I, personally, have my modem, PC's, and Orbi components plugged into UPS units.  This time it was only a $30 power supply (we hope).  Next time could be a $300 Orbi.

Message 5 of 6

@CrimpOn wrote:

The "gotcha" is that Australia uses 230v at 50hz and a wnderfully Australian plug.  My guess is that anything purchased in Australia, even from Amazon, will come that way.

Very true.

Get the right volts, amps and polarity and away you go,.

Extensive testing – I've tried it on a bunch of different adapters – also shows that when Netgear ships stuff as 120 volts, it is actually dual voltage. It does not explode when used at 240 volts.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7