Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRR60 random reboots

HerbCSO
Star

SRR60 random reboots

I have a relatively recently-bought SRR60 (from August 2021) that is rebooting randomly now. It's happening more and more often, several times a day now. Running FW V2.7.0.122 (the latest available at this time). It's getting to the point where the router is becoming unusable. I have seen several posts here of people with the same problem, but no solutions. What can I do?

PS: 90 days of "complimentary technical support" on a "Pro"-labeled product is a bit of joke... 😕

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: SRR60 random reboots

2 things to try. 

1. try reinstalling the firmware to the router and doing a reset on it. Maybe something is corrupt. 

2. maybe its that firmware version causing an issue. You can try downgrading a version or update to the "hotfix" 2.7.1.108 version

Message 2 of 4
HerbCSO
Star

Thanks very much for the reply @plemans - two (hopefully quick) questions:

1. If I do a reset, would you recommend restoring a settings backup, or should I re-configure everything from scratch? I.e. is it possible that the settings are an issue and I'd just re-introduce problems if I restored from backup?

2. The hotfix infos just say "Fixes security vulnerabilities" - is there any more information about this?

I think I'll try option 2 first, fingers crossed that helps! ;]

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@HerbCSO wrote:

Thanks very much for the reply @plemans - two (hopefully quick) questions:

1. If I do a reset, would you recommend restoring a settings backup, or should I re-configure everything from scratch? I.e. is it possible that the settings are an issue and I'd just re-introduce problems if I restored from backup?----You could try either way. if its a firmware issue, it might be fixed and you can just restore it. If it was an issue in the settings, it'll start again. Kind of have to guess/hope/pray its the easier option. 

2. The hotfix infos just say "Fixes security vulnerabilities" - is there any more information about this?

I think I'll try option 2 first, fingers crossed that helps! ;]----if it is a firmware corruption issue, that should fix it as well. Hope it does!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7