Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SSID password missing

Kimhe
Aspirant

SSID password missing

on satellite or the router there is no SSID password label. only serial number and MAC number. How to password in ordet to get connected ?

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SSID password missing

What model Orbi system do you have? 1, 20, 40 or 50 series? 

Just press the sync button on the RBR then on the RBS. The satellite will sync to the RBR and acquire the same log in name and password from the RBR. 

Message 2 of 5
Kimhe
Aspirant

RBK13 AC1200 dual-band Mesh. Bought from Amazon used one.

I did reset router but no luck. There is no SSID label and password. How to get it connected that is mystery. Asking password but there is not that label on the cubes.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC and web browser? 

Review the installation guide or user manual for installation instructions and help. 

The cubes will not have a password until they are synced to the main RBR unit. 

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Kimhe wrote:

RBK13 AC1200 dual-band Mesh. Bought from Amazon used one.

I did reset router but no luck. There is no SSID label and password. How to get it connected that is mystery. Asking password but there is not that label on the cubes.

It appears (to me) that Netgear intends for customers to do the initial setup of the "10" series product using the Orbi "App" on a smartphone.  The User Manual talks about this starting on page 16:

• The product label clearly states that it contains the MAC address, serial number, and a QR code that is used for setup.
    Notice that page 16 does NOT state anything about there being an SSID or password on the label.
    There is even a picture of the label, with no SSID or password.
    My guess is that these are contained in the QR code.
  • Several places in the documentation refer to the SSID/password being "on the product label", which appear to me to be simply a "copy and paste" from previous Orbi user manuals.  Page 16 clearly show a label, and no such information appears.
  • Page 18 says that using a wired computer is preferred for setup, but a WiFi computer can be used by connecting to the WiFi network "Orbi_setup".  Aha!!  When the Orbi is powered on, do you see a WiFi network called "Orbi_setup"?
    I would love to know if this netword has NO PASSWORD.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7