Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SSID

cptcrash
Initiate

SSID

I own an Orbi (RBK50) AC3000. I can't figure out how to have different SSID's for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Is it possible?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: SSID

@cptcrash wrote:

I own an Orbi (RBK50) AC3000. I can't figure out how to have different SSID's for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Is it possible?

the concept of the orbi is whole home wifi where the client roams between the orbi units and chooses the frequency it self when it connects , this 1 ssid , it woukld not work the same if you had 2 ssid names

if you have dual band wifi clients they should connect to 5 gig unless you are very far away from the router or sat/s

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not via the web interface, no.  

Message 2 of 4

@cptcrash wrote:

the concept of the orbi is whole home wifi where the client roams between the orbi units and chooses the frequency it self when it connects , this 1 ssid , it woukld not work the same if you had 2 ssid names

if you have dual band wifi clients they should connect to 5 gig unless you are very far away from the router or sat/s

Message 3 of 4
cptcrash
Initiate

Iam trying to hook up myZmodo Smart Pan & Tilt Camera. I have had no luck getting it to work. The Zmoto instructions state that the 2.4 and the 5 GHz need to have different SSIDs. Looks like I'll have to send the camera back.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7