Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung Phones battery life sucks with Orbi

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Samsung Phones battery life sucks with Orbi

Try a reset and setup from scratch then setup those suggestions. 

I just had my RBK50 online with v38 for a week and haven't seen any issues with batter drain. I have two samsung phones and a Tab S2 pad. All sees normal battery usage. 

Message 26 of 32

Can I restore settings from back up after a reset? I've changed quite a bit since taking them out of the box. I'm concerned I'll miss something dduring the do-over.

Message 27 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. However if you still see odd batter behaviors, I would run a clean setup from scratch to see if the battery behavior changes or not. 

Message 28 of 32
Gillette2424
Aspirant

I'm having same issues. How do I turn coexistence to 40hz? The only option I see is to disable 20/40. Does that automatically put it in 40? I couldn't find circle or a couple other settings anywhere either. I'll try with what I could find and see what happens. Thx
Message 29 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, uncheck the check box there and you'll get 40Mhz. 

@Gillette2424 wrote:
I'm having same issues. How do I turn coexistence to 40hz? The only option I see is to disable 20/40. Does that automatically put it in 40? I couldn't find circle or a couple other settings anywhere either. I'll try with what I could find and see what happens. Thx

Message 30 of 32

Things seem to have improved a little bit.  But my Lenovo laptop still doesn't last like it used to when the ASUS was in place. 

The only changes I ended up needing to make were to enable Beamforming and MIMO, set a specific channel for the 2GHz wireless, and disable the 20/40 coexistence.  Everything else was already as you had suggested.  .

Do you think a factory reset and (re)setup from scratch can really make that big a difference?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 31 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

It would be a last resort or last thing to try. 

Haven't seen a lot of users posting about battery drain in a while. I do remember one I believe posted sometime last year or before about it. 

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7