Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung says wifi is connected but ORBI says it is NOT?

btwsales
Aspirant

Samsung says wifi is connected but ORBI says it is NOT?

Samsung QN55Q60RAFXZA

all indication says WIFI is connected but signal is not strong enough as the only way to access SMARTHUB was with my iphones hotspot

Net gear C7000

Orbi RBR50 and 2 satelittes in a 2400 sq ft house

The TV is not in my oRBI devices and I have computers ipads, sonos and apple TV and other TV all on working fine.

help!?

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Samsung says wifi is connected but ORBI says it is NOT?

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 20

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have the wifi on the C7000 running? 

Is the Samsung connected to that? 

The C7000 is a modem/router combo device. Do you have it in modem only mode? or the Orbi in access point mode? 

Otherwise you're running 2 routers in router mode on your network which can cause a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

Cable is in the C7000 ethernet cable is in the RBS , ethernet cable from RBS to imac - 2 satelittes

17 devices connected to ORBI running just fine

Samsung says connected to wifi but the smarthub will not work and this 1 TV is not anywhere located in my ORBI devices on the app or Admin login on desktop.

When we trouble shot the smarthub the lady had me connect the TV to my iphone HOTSPOT and boom it worked instantly

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 20
plemans
Guru

@btwsales wrote:

Cable is in the C7000----The coax cable?  ethernet cable is in the RBS-----do you mean RBR? RBR is router and RBS is satellite.  The router?  , ethernet cable from RBS---- truly from the satellite? And how is the satellite connected to the rbr wireless or wired? the rbs to imac - 2 satelittes

17 devices connected to ORBI running just fine

Samsung says connected to wifi but the smarthub will not work and this 1 TV is not anywhere located in my ORBI devices on the app or Admin login on desktop.

When we trouble shot the smarthub the lady had me connect the TV to my iphone HOTSPOT and boom it worked instantly

This was kind of vague. So down to basics.

1. Is the wifi running on C7000?

2. Do you have the c7000 in modem only mode or bridge mode?

3. Did you disconnec the samsung from your phone and redo your internet connection for the tv? 

What error is it giving you? 

Message 4 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

my bad COAX is in C7000 yes . an ethernet is in RBR to imac (not on wifi) the 2 RBS in the house are wireless

1. don't think so ?

2. good question, just tried to login into routher but will not accept the serial number on it

3. yes - The server is under maintainance error 60

Message 5 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Check the mode of the C7000 modem, connect a wired PC to the modem and log into the modems web page at 192.168.100.1. 

Navigate to Advanced Tab, Adminstration, Router mode. You may see Yes or Not or NAT mode, Enable or Disable. If you see router  or NAT mode set to Yes, then the modem is working in router mode. This should be set to NO or disabled to get the modem to modem only mode. 

Message 6 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

On my router it has the SSID and Password on it - but it will not take, dont think I changed it but it cant login

Message 7 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

The log in for the modems web page will be> admin and if you didn't change the Password for the admin log in, try> password. 

Message 8 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

Router mode is YES

The thing is ORBI has every device listed and working except this Samsung in the master - It says WIFI is connected but it is not getting any strength or a single cause when I try to access SMARTHUB it will not connect - But when I change the Network to my phones HOTSPOT it works perfectly and the TV is no where listed on my ORBI app or ORBI admin on my imac login

Message 9 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

Ok I switched this to NO - Does this mean the router now works as a router only ves router and wifi?  So now the Orbi does all the work?

It ddint solve my problem the TV is not picking up the wifi even though it says its connected, and again its not shown on my device list on ORBI

Can we enter it manually ?

Again it pick up my iphone HOTSPOT but not getting the netork

Message 10 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Set this to NO and apply. Then power OFF The RBR for 30 seconds then back ON. 

Message 11 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

I'll try that next.

See below attached.

Message 12 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reboot all devices as well after the RBR is back online. 

If all devices get internet access and the TV doesn't, You may need to contact the TVs mfr for additional help and information. 

Does the TV have a LAN port in back? If it does, try connecting the TV to the back of the RBR to see if this changes anything. 

Be sure the TVs firmware or software is up to date. 

Message 13 of 20
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for sharing the screen picture.  The Samsung TV is reporting getting an IP address of 192.168.1.9, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, gateway of 192.168.1.1, DNS server 192.168.1.1.  But, it also claims "no internet".

On the Orbi web interface, the "Attached Devices" page:

• Above the list of devices, does it say that Access Control is ON or OFF?
  • There is no entry for 192.168.1.9?

WiFi is turned off on the C7000, correct?

Message 14 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

acess control is  ON

C7000 wifi is off

• There is no entry for 192.168.1.9?  yes there is its called TIZEN I have it blocked cause it says its a wearble device.
Message 15 of 20
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, just for fun, how about "unblocking" 192.168.1.9 and see what happens?

The TV says IT is 192.168.1.9.

TIZEN seems to be connected to Samsung TV's as well as "wearables"

https://www.vox.com/2015/1/2/11557440/samsung-will-put-tizen-in-its-televisions-what-the-heck-does-t... 

Message 16 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

look at you !!  it worked

Thank you so much, i've learned something these last couple days/ everydevice has its own unique number like 192.168.1.9.

I would see this on my ORBI and shut it off why does it classify it as a wearable device

Message 17 of 20
CrimpOn
Guru

@btwsales wrote:

I would see this on my ORBI and shut it off why does it classify it as a wearable device

Netgear has a software module that attempts to "discover" what a device is based on factors such as the manufacturer of the ethernet chip (each manufacturer is assigned "codes" for the first part of the MAC address) and doing "probes" of the device.  i.e. if they send a request saying, "are you a Windows PC?" and it answeres, "yes", then they call it that.  This system is notoriously imprecise.  It comes up with totally stupid conclusions.  What I do is click on the device in Attached Devices, which opens a screen where I can assign the device a "human friendly" name, use the drop down menu to say what "type" it is, and even enter the model number in the top box.  So, I might say something along the liines of:

Device Model: Samsung QN55Q60RAFXZA

Device Name: Living Room TV

Device Type: TV

All of this is entirely optional and has no effect on whether the device functions or not.  It is simply to make the Attached Devices Display more "user friendly."

Message 18 of 20
btwsales
Aspirant

Already did that as well as all the other devices - very helpful and thank you

Message 19 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7