Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satallites green but Router red

soylentt
Follower

Satallites green but Router red

I’m not receiving any internet connection from my router, however the satellites are connected and supposedly running. I’ve restarted the router several times, any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Satallites green but Router red

What modem/gateway is that router connected to? 

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello soylentt,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

The red color on the LED means that your Orbi is not getting connected to the internet. Please ensure that the ethernet cable is connected to the WAN port on your router and the correct port on your ISP router. 

Please follow the video in the link below to correctly connect your Orbi to your ISP router:

https://youtu.be/s1UJPCanvr4

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@soylentt wrote:
I’m not receiving any internet connection from my router, however the satellites are connected and supposedly running. I’ve restarted the router several times, any ideas?

A "little known fact" is that WiFi routers function with no internet connection at all.  Of course, most consumers would find such a system not very useful. A group of doctors took an Orbi system to (Haiti?) to network the devices in their clinic. No internet connection, but computers could get to the file server and print things on the printers.

The green lines mean that the satellites are connected to the router.  That part of the system is working correctly.

The task is to figure out why the router claims to have no internet.

Most people start with the ISP device by connecting a computer (laptop) with an Ethernet port directly to the modem.

Power cycle the ISP device, and the computer should have internet.  No Internet?  It's not the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7