Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satelites not talking to eachother!

Sevo123
Apprentice

Satelites not talking to eachother!

This is such a disaster! Hope Netgear fixes this ASAP. I know a lot of people who just wont purchase the item because it doesn't support this feature (statelites talking to eachother instead of router only). I was told by netgear its going to be available as a firmware update but nothing yet? Personally I need it aswell why pay this much money when you cant use this feature? Does anyone have any info on this?
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
yunhao
Tutor

check on your router (make sure firmware to latest one v1.12.0.18)

Please try to reset your router + sateillite

then re-setup your router and sateillite (please search on this community, there is step by step...)  sometime you go around steps the end result is not connect to sateillite

Message 2 of 5
Sevo123
Apprentice

What I mean is that its not a fully mesh system yet. The router has to talk to each satellite seperate. A person like me that has a long narrow house by the time I reach to my garage area which is about 150 ft away the router is closer to the 1st satellite but the 2nd satellite wont reach the router. If the satellites talked to eachother instead of the router I could make a straight line and have perfect connection. The distance between them would be shorter. Hope my explanation helps 😎
Message 3 of 5
yunhao
Tutor

for My personal Exp. Currently I have Both Mesh system in my place (NETGEAR Orbi, Linksys Velop)

right now Orbi don't have REAL mesh function, but NETGEAR said it will happen    Router->Sateillite ->Sateillite connection 

so far Orbi only function as star sharp connection, which mean you need to put Router as center, sateillite on Both End.

Hope that can help

Or My last suggestion to you, Please ask NETGEAR for beta firmware. they might have speical firmware for the mesh function

or you need to Switch to Linksys VELOP. 

Please also remember both NETGEAR/Linksys MESH System just fix their internet drop issue  around June/July.

Message 4 of 5
Sevo123
Apprentice

Hi I actually did do that I put the router in the middle then put the other 2 satellites one in front one in the back end of the house but the problem is the back end one which is inside my garage was getting poor signal from the router finally found a spot but I need 1 more satellite but the signal wont reach smh 🤦‍♂️ if I go past the 2nd satellite. Do you know who I can get in contact with for a beta software? If they dont I will definitely have to think about switching to velop. I dont want too but no signal sucks in the back of my property. I paid a arm & leg for this system hopefully they get this firmware out so people like me can use it!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7