Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satelitte compatible with RBR50v2 available ?

Salvare
Follower

Satelitte compatible with RBR50v2 available ?

Hello community,

Can you please tell me what reference of satellite is compatible and available for RBR50v2 Orbi router ? Thanks in advance, S.

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

All of the original Orbi satellites will work with an RBR50V2

• RBS50
  • RBS40
  • RBS20
  • RBW30
  • RBS40V

Satellites from other product lines will not (Pro, AX, "10" series)

Message 2 of 7
pkgadd
Apprentice

...plus the outdoor RBS50Y.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Also EX 7500, 7700 and 8000 extenders are supporting as well. 

Message 4 of 7
pkgadd
Apprentice

Do these plain repeaters really integrate seamlessly into the orbi mesh (I don't think so)?

Obviously you can use them the extend your wireless network (orbi or not), but I wouldn't classify them as mesh satellites (which means you don't get central configuration, client steering and neither get access to orbi's wireless backhaul, repeating the fronthaul instead). These can still make sense in an (otherwise-) orbi environment, but they're not on par with orbi satellites.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I didn't refer to the EX as MESH sattellites. They are ONLY extenders so no they don't entegrate like actual RBS. They CAN work in cases were additional wifi is needed in a pinch and when RBS supplies are out of stock or can't be found. They don't need to integrate as well. Just provide additional wifi coverage for those situations. They work fine with Orbi systems. 

Message 6 of 7
wwlen1
Guide

You can also get a RBR40 or RBR50(V1) router and convert them to the satellite versions.

There are a few threads on the Orbi Reddit that step you through it.

That's what I did. I found three RBR40 routers on Amazon for under $30 each with free shipping. Now I have a one satellite setup with a spare that can be used as with a satellite or router.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7