Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite Hangs on "Show Attached Devices"

CrimpOn
Guru

Satellite Hangs on "Show Attached Devices"

I'm one of the people who wants to know whether devices are connected to the Orbi or to the Satellite.

On the previous firmware, the Attached Devices list was thoughtfully divided into Router and Satellite. On V1.9.1.12, it's not.

"Never mind", I said.  I'll just connect directly to the satellite and click on Connected Devices.

Spins, spins, spins (for hours) and NEVER displays a list of devices. Totally locked up. Cannot click on any other menu option.  Have to close the browser session.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in V1.10.1.2 ?

Does anyone know why on the Router it is called "Attached Devices" and on the Satellite it is called "Connected Devices" ?

Message 1 of 5
Streak2
Master

Re: Satellite Hangs on "Show Attached Devices"

Try logging in using a different browser.

Both 1.9 and 1.10 show the same attached devices screen for me.

Looks like there could be some naming inconsistencies between the router and satellite web GUI's. 

Message 2 of 5
JMU1998
Luminary

ISSUE exists if you rename a device on the list on the Main Orbi unit then log onto the Satellite the request to list devices hangs forever.  You have to reboot the Satellite for the listing on the satellite to be displayed again...annoying not the refinement you expect from a $400 system.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Since the Satellite does not have the capability to give devices a name, EVERY time a device is given a name on the Router, the Satellite has to be rebooted?

i.e. It doesn't matter if the device is currently attached to the Router or the Satellite?  (Or, if the device is currently attached at all?)

I had tried four browsers, and all did exactly the same thing.

THANKS!!!

Message 4 of 5
Streak2
Master

MIne brings up the connected devices screen OK and it does show any currently connected devices.

If I hit the refresh button I get "please wait a moment".

I just tested this with both my phone and tablet.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7