Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite LEDS don't match network map

sedavidw
Aspirant

Satellite LEDS don't match network map

I have an Orbi setup w/ two satellites that was working fine.  I started noticing a lot of my wireless devices were having spotty connections but at first didn't think much of it because the satellites (and router) showed no LED ring status.  Eventually I kind of got fed up with it and was poking around the Orbi app and checked the Network Map and in there it shows my satellites but they have a "magenta (not connected)" status.  But the LEDs on the satellites themselves are off suggesting they are working fine.  I tried re-syncing but it's not changing the status, it appears to go through the motions, I see it on the router map again, the LED eventually goes off.  But the map still shows it as not connected

I can confirm the satellites are working as I have plugged a laptop into them with ethernet (and WiFi turned off) and they are able to connect to the internet just fine.  But standing right next to them my WiFi on my cell is not getting a full signal.  Additionally I've noticed that my Orbi app on my iPhone is having trouble accessing the network now, it's like I'm flying blind

It doesn't seem like a complete failure on the system, but there's enough smoke that there feels like a fire

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite LEDS don't match network map

Does the RBS appear on the RBRs connected devices page correctly?

What FW version are you using? 

Sounds like a Orbi app issue that you may want to post in the Orbi app forum about:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Message 2 of 3
sedavidw
Aspirant

Re: Satellite LEDS don't match network map

When I go to orbilogin.com I can see the FW version is V2.3.5.30 but the rest of the page is essentially useless, all of the links have a spinner with a "Please wait a moment..." which I don't understand

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7