Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite RBS50 non su connette a router RBR50

Augusto_meltin
Aspirant

Satellite RBS50 non su connette a router RBR50

Buongiorno a tutti,

ho un problema con il secondo satellite RBS50, che si connette ma non si sincronizza con il router RBR50.

Alla prima installazione funziona tutto, ma quando metto il router in AP mode, il led del satellite diventa magenta e non si sincronizza con il router.

Nella pagina di amministrazione del router vedo il satellite collegato, nonostante il led magenta, ma il satellite continua a conservare l’SSD e la password di fabbrica, con indirizzo ip 192.168.1.250

Qualcuno ha idea di come risolvere il problema? Grazie per l’aiuto...

Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite RBS50 non su connette a router RBR50

In inglese per favore

Try a reboot or re-sync on the satellite. 

Message 2 of 14
Augusto_meltin
Aspirant

Sorry, I thought I was writing in the Italian community.

So this is the situation.

I have tried to set up my system (RBK53, firmware 2.2.1.210), when I encountered a problem in syncing the second satellite (always the same device).

I did the first set up, synced succesfully with both satellite wirelessly, RBR50 in router mode.

Since I need the router to be in AP mode though, when I change it one of the satellite turns solid magenta, after being solid blue for some seconds.

The administration page of the router shows it in the connected devices, but the satellite keeps the factory SSID (Orbi28) and password, ip 192.168.1.250, and does not sync with the router.

Tried reboot, re-sync, firmware update and factory reset several times, results always the same.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you trying to set up the satellite while in the same room with the router? It should sync while in same room with the base router.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What happens if you change the Orbi back to router mode and try to synce the satellite? If you can sync it here, then change the router back to AP mode, the satellite should follow with out any problems. 

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. 

Message 4 of 14
ekhalil
Master

@Augusto_meltin wrote:

Sorry, I thought I was writing in the Italian community.

So this is the situation.

I have tried to set up my system (RBK53, firmware 2.2.1.210), when I encountered a problem in syncing the second satellite (always the same device).

I did the first set up, synced succesfully with both satellite wirelessly, RBR50 in router mode.

Since I need the router to be in AP mode though, when I change it one of the satellite turns solid magenta, after being solid blue for some seconds.

The administration page of the router shows it in the connected devices, but the satellite keeps the factory SSID (Orbi28) and password, ip 192.168.1.250, and does not sync with the router.

Tried reboot, re-sync, firmware update and factory reset several times, results always the same.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Since the Satellite was synced once with the Router, you will find the Satellite in the "Attached Devices" list on orbilogin.com.

You should see it as "Disconnected" and beside it a button called "Forget" "Remove" or something similar. Please click that button to forget the Satellite and try the sync procedure again.

Good luck! 🙂

Message 5 of 14
Augusto_meltin
Aspirant

My house is roughly 240 sq ft on three floors, 80 sq ft each more or less.

I tried everything, the only thing I didn't try was going back to router mode and the AP again. I actually started as router and then turned to AP, but I'll try to do as suggested. 

Also tried to disable daisy chain, no results.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 14
Augusto_meltin
Aspirant

Tried, but no rsults... Thank you!

Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

That kind of sq ft you may not need but only the router. The router alone can cover up to about 1100sq ft depending upon building materials. 

Was the satellites FW updated before you changed to AP mode? 

Message 8 of 14
Augusto_meltin
Aspirant

The problem is that walls are very thick, plus the router is on the ground floor, and the two satellites are on first and second... and yes, everything was updated to 210.

Thanks
Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so placement will be key here. I would start with just one satelite first. When you reset the satellite, hold in the reset button until the top led turns on AMBER, then let go. Led should blink WHITE then plusate WHITE, then hit the synce button the router then satellite to add it. Give it a few minutes. Top led should turn on BLUE and then go out. 

Besure to put in a check mark for Daisy chain. 

I would see if you can get the satellite to connect while in the same room as the router. If you can get it connected here and remain connected with out Pink appearing on top, then go for remote placement. If walls are thick, then try setting out at 20 feet and test. 

Message 10 of 14
Augusto_meltin
Aspirant

Nothing...

I pressed the reset button, the top led continued pulsing white, the power red went from solid orange, to blinking orange to green.

When I left it the top led became blue for a few seconds, then blinked amber and then rebooted.

Tried to sync but magenta again

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I think you need to contact NG support and get some help on this. You may need an RMA. 

@Blanca_O

Message 12 of 14
randomousity
Luminary

Try placing the satellite right next to the router and sync them again. I had a similar issue the other day, and it failed on the first attempt, but then succeeded on the second attempt. Then I put the satellite back in its usual location and it worked fine.

If that doesn't work, try going into the router settings and having it generate a new secure backhaul password (advanced > advanced setup > wireless settings > generate), and/or try a factory reset on the satellite (insert a paper clip into the tiny hole on the back side). I performed all those steps, but I don't know that the new password and factory resetting are necessary, so you can try skipping those and see how it works for you.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes if you contacted NG support. 

@Augusto_meltin wrote:

Nothing...

I pressed the reset button, the top led continued pulsing white, the power red went from solid orange, to blinking orange to green.

When I left it the top led became blue for a few seconds, then blinked amber and then rebooted.

Tried to sync but magenta again

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7