Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite and Orbi iOS app disconnected; reconnected on logiging into the app

alokeprasad
Mentor

Satellite and Orbi iOS app disconnected; reconnected on logiging into the app

Interesting behavior observed. 

After many weeks of working normally, my RBS50 (WiFi backhaul) was disconnected this morning.  This was verified via RBR50's web interface.  I was logged out of the Orbi iPhone app (ver 2.7.6.3) as well.

I was about to powercycle the RBS, when I decided to login to the iOS app.  The moment I did, the RBS connected with the ususal "good" backhaul status. No other intervention needed.

Coincidence?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite and Orbi iOS app disconnected; reconnected on logiging into the app

Possible some lag in the data status flow after you opened the app up if it eventually displayed after a short time frame. 

Message 2 of 4
alokeprasad
Mentor

Re: Satellite and Orbi iOS app disconnected; reconnected on logiging into the app

No.  The app did not connect after a few seconds, as it normally does.

It required me to re-enter my credentials, which it accepted, after which it connected to my LAN and displayed the ORBi status.  Almost immideately, the previously disconnected satellite came on-line.

I'll chalk it up to coincidence.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7