Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite connecting at 2.4 Mhz

Orbiuser24
Tutor

Satellite connecting at 2.4 Mhz

I recently bought the RBW30 (firmware V2.0.0.34_1.0.21) wall satellite to add to my ORBI network. It has connected to the router (RBK50, firmware V2.0.0.74) but at 2.4Ghz not 5GHz. see following pic;

ORBI Satellite.jpg

I have rest the satellite, resynch but had no luck. How do I get it to connect to the router at 5GHz? The Satellite is located 5 metres from the router with no obstructions.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Orbiuser24
Tutor

Re: Satellite connecting at 2.4 Mhz

Problem solved. Factory reset corrected problem and updated region from Europe to Australia correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

why is it so close ? thank it further away and see if it will connect to 5 gig

sorry cant see pic

Message 2 of 6
Orbiuser24
Tutor

ORBI Satellite.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I've tried to upload the JPG again.

The reason it is so close is because the NAIM NDS5 media server has a very poor connection to the router (the reason I bought the satellite). It now has an excellect connection with the satellite next to it. Moving the satellite further away will mean the media server will lose it's connection again.

Moved it 10 metres away and same result. Why would distance affect which frequency it uses? 

Message 3 of 6

because wireless ac 5 gig is very sensitive to overload and interference

the image is still not showing but when you access the 30's gui what does it show on the backhaul

Message 4 of 6
Orbiuser24
Tutor

Not sure why this image is not showing for you. Works find for me...

The backhaul, if I understand you the connection from the orbi wall plug satellite back to the router, shows a wireless connection symbol with the upper part in blue (2.4 GhZ) and the bottom part greyed (looks like the 5 GHz section)

Message 5 of 6
Orbiuser24
Tutor

Problem solved. Factory reset corrected problem and updated region from Europe to Australia correctly.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7